Instagram taking too much CPU???

Arty-G

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Has this happened to anyone? If so, what was your fix...outside of getting rid of Instagram. I've tried deleting and restalling the app but I keep getting the same results.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-26-08-54-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-26-08-54-30.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 43

umzy

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I have the exact same issue!! It is so annoying because my phone heats up crazy and have to always clear CPU Memory using Clean Master every time.

PLEASE HELP!!

Akashymon The Viola Penguin

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Well, IG runs many background processes while your are not using the app. I really don't think its a problem with a powerful phone like the s5 or G3. if it really bothers you that much, you can force stop the app

Sent from my LG G3 (D850) via Android Central App

umzy

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I have the Samsung S5 and it still does it. I dont like force stopping it every time I use it! There must be a solution.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Every time I open instagram and then exit it, it stays open in the background killing my battery. I lost 40% in 2 hours of having the phone idle after opening ig. I wish there was a fix other than force stoping the app every time I'm finished using it

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

umzy

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Just a random question, does anyone have any auto-liking apps running that link with their IG account? Like BoostLikes, Instagress...etc? I think it might be due to me using an auto-liking application that uses my IG account, which probably keeps running in the bg. Just a hunch, may or may not be true.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
just turn the data/wifi off when you lock the screen.

that takes care of the whole problem.

Personally, I use MacroDroid to turn off the internet when the screen locks.

Likewise, MacroDroid turns the internet on when the screen unlocks.

If my phone is idle, it can go a full day on less than 5% battery use.

I just stuck it on the wireless charger a bit ago at 60% after 3-1/2 days of use. That included a lot of phone calls, texting, videos, newspaper surfing, etc.....

But, when I press the Power Button, my phone goes into a super deep sleep.... just the way I like it.
I always leave Sync OFF. Have no use for it at all.

if anyone is interested, I will email the macro list to import into MacroDroid. Some have asked me for that already and I don't mind doing it.

Just use a PM, don't put your email in the open forum please.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I do have the same problem and I have also contacted instragam ... and i got no answer.... so what I do is , close instagram after I finish using it......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton