The Prime Is Now Available...

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
You can order from 28mobile right now if you like.. :)
I find it ironic that the Prime sporting and 805 chipset can be delivered before the G3..
Danny Winget did a nice quick comparison for anyone who is interested in how the G3's 1440P stacks up against the Prime's 1440P and the Find 7 is there for good measure as well..

The results, and Danny's conclusions are.... interesting to say the least.
I just searched youtube with: "Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A Unboxing" and it was within the first 3 choices... The Prime is not cheap.. but it's something else that's for sure. :cool:

Last edited:

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Just in case anyone is interested now that AT&T is releasing their G3 version this week,
You may want to watch this video since the Prime has no issue running on AT&T's LTE Network (See in Video)
At least you have a choice.. and can have either the S5 Prime, OPPO Find 7 or LG-G3 in your hands within about 7 days max..
Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz4lGObHaUc

HoldFastHope

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why this thread is in the G3 forum. I'm pretty sure this thread deserves to be placed elsewhere as I see this guy continually bashing the G3 ever since he didn't like the specs the G3 was coming with. If I wanted to find out more about the Snapdragon 805 in the S5, i'd go to the Samsung forum.

Last edited:

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
You can also order a G3 from that website. Could also have ordered it last week from that website. Odd thread.

Freecableguy

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
$880 is an awful lot of money for a phone that barely outperforms $300 cheaper regular S5 in AnTuTu and 3DMark (8% difference). Seems like your magic S805 wont make any of the current S801 phones obsolete like you said 1000x times. :)

Sony seems to know this, that's why rumoured Z3 still packs an S801 chip.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why this thread is in the G3 forum. I'm pretty sure this thread deserves to be placed elsewhere as I see this guy continually bashing the G3 ever since he didn't like the specs the G3 was coming with. If I wanted to find out more about the Snapdragon 805 in the S5, i'd go to the Samsung forum.

thread moved.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
If I only had to spend say $150 after I sell my S5 I would consider but as posted it's not enough.

Pro S5

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
So could I order this phone and put my Verizon sim card in it and have it work? I would love to have it if it has 32GB internal memory. I have an S3 with 32GB and it seems a step back to get a 2 year newer device with half the storage.

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
What I'm concerned about is whether the LTE would work. AFAIK I have att s4 unlocked and I'm in Korea temporarily and apparently LTE doesn't work and can only read 3G. Since it is likely that the LTE band is different.

Also a friend of mine has a Verizon iPhone 5 and does the same thing. Only reads 3G

So I'm wondering if that is the case with the LTE-A model.

But I think I'll just stick with my current s5. I mean it works fine and I'm very happy with it. I probably wouldn't notice the speed. However a 32 GB would be nice.

I believe the LTE-A model is a 32 GB .

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm not that bothered about the prime to be honest. The 805 will be a better chipset for sure but I doubt it will be that noticible. I'm coming from a note 3 to the S5 and I don't see much difference from the 801 vs the 805. Even the snapdragon 600 (S4) isn't that much behind the 800 or even the 801. I think processors have gotten fast enough that you don't really notice the difference in performance.

As for 2K I've just returned the LG G3. There really wasn't that much difference between the Note III and LG G3 in terms of display. I think it's not really needed on a small display. Also I think it will take a while for the technology to mature enough so that our doesn't impact on battery life.

Posted from my S5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1