What weather and clock app?

Jon12345

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I have upgraded from a Nexus 4 to a S5.My home screen has the default weather app, which takes up half the screen almost!

Do you keep the default weather app that comes with the S5 or do you recommend something else?

Also, any recommendations on what to use for an alarm clock? I used the default alarm clock on my Nexus 4 before.

Thanks,

Jon

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have upgraded from a Nexus 4 to a S5.My home screen has the default weather app, which takes up half the screen almost!

Do you keep the default weather app that comes with the S5 or do you recommend something else?

Also, any recommendations on what to use for an alarm clock? I used the default alarm clock on my Nexus 4 before.

Thanks,

Jon

Don't have an S5, but I used to have an S3. I love 1Weather. They have customizable widgets of varying sizes. As for a clock, try Timely.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I use HD Widgets (with Colourform add-on) but you need a Launcher. I love/use Nova Prime.

As for Alarm, I tried Timely and didn't like it prefer stock. Quick & simple.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't have much on my main home screen so I still use the stock one. Besides if I don't use it I don't get weather on my lockscreen and I like seeing it there. I just make the stock weather / clock widget transparent so it doesn't look that big since I can see my wallpaper through it.

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Weatherbug Elite 4x1 widget . No clock widget ( that's what the little clock in the upper right corner of the screen is for ). For an alarm I use Alarm Droid .

Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I use beautiful widgets and for alarm I use the alarm widget that Samsung has
7y9y6yga.jpg

gedeta2y.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Sense analogue clock and weather is gorgeous and completely customizable

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1404785212575.jpg
    1404785212575.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 102

yyyy2999

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Yahoo weather 100%. It's the most informative and best looking in my opinion. There are many sizes for the yahoo weather widget, and the background of the widget are flickr photos of your town. Upon clicking it, it brings up a very detailed view of weather information presented beautifully. The screenshots do not show all the weather info, it includes humidity, sunset, sun up, wind speeds, the list goes on.

ejagyza3.jpg

jagasara.jpg

4ebudygu.jpg

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Thanks,

Jon
I have used "Fancy Widgets" for years:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.anddoes.fancywidgets&token=FUJ6v19M

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I like 1 Weather for clock & weather widget.

uploadfromtaptalk1404809614020.jpg

I prefer Digital Alarm Clock by Zabamobile for my alarm app. 1 thing I really like is that you can specify a date for an alarm. This lets you create a future alarm that is further out than 6 days 23 hours and 59 minutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Alex Desola

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
So I'm pretty simple with my choices for weather app and have been using the Weather Channel's weather app (I'm happy as long as I can see what the temperature is outside...).

For alarm clocks though I got a bit fancier and use the Hale Dreamer Alarm Clock (it technically was designed to be used with a Hale Speaker but almost everything works without it). I chose it for it's sleek design and nixie tube look, SmartSilence (a feature that screens your calls/texts etc and at least for the first two sends messages to the caller saying your busy and asking if its an emergency), Nap Timer and Sleep Sounds. It just kind of had everything I might need in one app...
Here are some screenshots of setting an alarm and the nixie tubes. Screenshot_2014-07-11-10-06-40.jpgScreenshot_2014-07-11-10-07-45.png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm