Turn on geotagging - Galaxy S5

icydash

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

It doesn't appear that geotagging is turned on on my Galaxy S5. When I open a picture in the gallery and go to settings > more info, in the details it doesn't seem to list GPS coordinates anywhere (though it has everything else such as date, size, white balance, path, type, etc...). Also, several apps that I use that rely on picture geocoding haven't been working.

Is there a way to turn on geotagging? I tried the instructions here: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Use camera ... as well as searching all over my phone, but none of this worked. With regard to the instructions at the above link, the "Location tag" option that the blinking red arrow points to just doesn't exist on the S5. I'm not sure where they came up with that settings image, but there is no "Location tag" item on the settings menu...though the rest of the menu items appear to exist.

Thanks!

yyyy2999

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
7yhybeva.jpg

Scroll down the settings menu in the camera app :)

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm noticing that even with Location tag On in the settings, my Google+ and Flickr backups aren't picking it up for some reason. Some have the location tagged and some don't. Don't know what's going on.

icydash

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Holy crap, apparently it does scroll down. I tried scrolling left and right, and I tried scroll down by starting my finger below where the menu ends and moving it upwards, but I never tried putting my finger on the menu itself and moving it upwards. Well thanks, mystery solved!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power