How to get Rerware MybackupPro to find data on SD card

bookbean1

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I just got my S5 a couple of days ago. I switched from a Droid Razr Maxx which was rooted. Prior to switching, I backed up my apps and media, as well as the data using MyBackupPro. I ensured that I disabled any of the root functions, knowing that it was going to a stock S5 device.

I then backed up all of the data on the external 64GB SD card to my PC (using an Xcopy command in an elevated command prompt window) so that I could use it on the S5.

Once that was done, I wiped the card, removed the ext partition and reformatted it. I then put the card into the S5 and let the phone format it one more time. So now I have all of that great space.

My problem is that I seem to be having a problem getting the data to be found by the MyBackupPro app. I have tried using Astro File Manager to move the data that I restored from the PC to the SD, but the program will not recognize it.

Any suggestions on how to get all of my music, photos, etc back onto the S5?

Thanks

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It could be because of the new restrictions imposed by Kit Kat. Third party apps don't have the same access to files on the sd card as before in earlier versions of android. I'm not familiar with the backup app you're using but can you use the app to create a folder on the sd card? If you can do that, then move your backup file into that folder with your PC and then the app should see it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2