Samsung email vs gmail app

mcefalu

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Regarding my S5.....If you have a gmail account, do you have to use the gmail app or is it better to use the Samsung email app that comes with the S5. I'm not quite sure what differentiates the two..other than Google and Samsung. Appreciate anyone's practical advice. Thanks.

S5_GJH

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Second one for Blue Mail.

Very good app and one of very few that deletes imap and pop emails off the server as well as the phone.

Posted via Android Central App

tvklovesu

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys after reading your messages I downloaded Blue mail to my s5 and its amazingly makes different from Samsung email. In Blue mail I can able to open an email in mill secs and in Samsung email it take few sec to open the email. I need one small help. I want to setup my office Microsoft exchange server in Blue mail. Can you provide few steps how to setup. I tried as Others while creating email account and it shows server details. There I am getting error as Invalid store URI. I am not sure whats the wrong I am doing.
Thanks
Vinny

tvklovesu

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi Abosworth007,
I tried Aquamail and even using that also I am not able to setup my office mail (Microsoft Exchange). Any idea if you have already setup urs.

This is the error i am getting
Exchange mail server (EWS): Invalid server response. HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden ( The server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). Contact the server administrator. )

Please make sure the data is correct.

Thanks

Last edited:

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi Abosworth007,
I tried Aquamail and even using that also I am not able to setup my office mail (Microsoft Exchange). Any idea if you have already setup urs.

This is the error i am getting
Exchange mail server (EWS): Invalid server response. HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden ( The server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). Contact the server administrator. )

Please make sure the data is correct.

Thanks

Are you sure you're using the correct server name? You might need to chat with your IT manager at work and get the server name and all the correct info from him/her. I have my work email set up on my phone but it is not an exchange account. I had an exchange account on my phone from my old job and remember needing to talk to the IT guy to get the right info.

tvklovesu

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Did you get this sorted out?
I checked with my IT desk and they even gave me same settings that I am using. Still have issues. I tried on both Blue mail and Aquamail. Both saying cannot connect to server. But all details I gave are same in samsung email app. I verified the exchange settings and both are same

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I tried bluemail but it can't send any emails from my gmail a/c at work, receives ok, as my workplace blocks certain ports i guess, however sending does work from the gmail app :s

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad