2nd Power Cable Needed

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Looking for a spare power cable for the S5. Anyone know where they may be available and what they may cost? Thanks in advance for the help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm planning to get it but tell me how fast it does charge the phone ?

Posted via Android Central App

0 to 100% in about 80-90 minutes. It's a little more than 1% a minute for me. The only charger where someone comes over and says I need to charge my phone for 10-15 minutes and that literally can last them the entire night.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I have also been getting about 1% per minute using the stock cable and charger.

theonlybuster

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
0 to 100% in about 80-90 minutes. It's a little more than 1% a minute for me. The only charger where someone comes over and says I need to charge my phone for 10-15 minutes and that literally can last them the entire night.
I have also been getting about 1% per minute using the stock cable and charger.

It all depends on how much load the phone is currently under while it's being charged. Putting your phone on Airplane mode will speed up charges a bit, turning EVERYTHING on (Wifi, Data, Bluetooth, location, brightness, etc) will slow charging times down
I've seen everything from one percent per minute to 1 percent per 4 minute increment, it just depends on the load.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
You are 100% correct. The way I obtained the 1% per minute was to shut the device off for 90 minutes when the power level was 10%. At the 90 minute mark I turned the device back on and I was at 100%. Thanks for keeping us honest.