Voice Commands

dkperez

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I posted this over in phandroid, where it's been sitting like "floop" in a punchbowl for 3 days... So, lessee if I can get some answers here.

My wife is using Easy Mode on her GS5 - grandson set her up so she can be on the lock screen or home screen or wherever and double-click the home key - s voice starts and the MICROPHONE IS ACTIVE. And it STAYS active. No poking, no pressing, no having to say "hi galaxy" or anything else.........

She can say something like "send text message to [x]" and the phone will SAY "what's your message". Then she tells it what to send and it verbally offers to send the message".... She JUST demonstrated it to me AGAIN - she can make calls, send messages, record calendar events - and the phone interacts and prompts her through the activity...

For me, I read a tone of those "things you HAVE to do to improve your GS5", and every one said "turn OFF s voice because the google voice works better".....

So, I did. But, I can't get google voice to do anything without repeatedly hitting the microphone for every command. So, I turned s voice back on, and I STILL CAN'T figure out how to get the thing to let me create and send a message or create a calendar event without having to constantly keep hitting the microphone in s voice either! And I can't figure out how to get it to talk to me like it does her... Is this an "easy mode" thing or are there a bunch of settings I have to figure out to get the microphone to be active and s voice to talk to me when doing voice stuff? And can google (ok google) do the same thing?

And I"ve TRIED car mode - it didn't seem to do anything interesting... So HOW do I get either google voice or s voice to make the microphone active, and provide verbal feedback to me, and walk me through verbally doing basic activities?

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
In Google Voice, go to settings and Voice, Language is set for English, and under Offline Voice Recognition the English language is downloaded and not just enabled. To do that, click on English and re-download if necessary.

The panda has spoken

dkperez

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm presuming google voice is "voice search". I went into settings. I've already set english, and downloaded version 28 of the language.

But, I'd already done that long ago.

So, how do I get google voice to automatically turn on the microphone and KEEP it on until I'm done doing whatever?

Or, same question with s voice. It works for my wife, but I haven't figured out how. Is it an "easy mode" feature?

Pendragoon

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
I actually came across a setting in google now which allows you to use the feature in any other screen and also on lock screen. It used to work for me but after I changed the voice to Female UK it seemed to be grayed out. But you can play with that setting in google now if you wish.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463