05-14-2015 03:51 AM
89 1234
tools
    It still seems actively supported though.
    It will become obsolete is what I meant. Did you read the link the other guy posted?
    07-17-2014 01:49 PM
    It will become obsolete is what I meant. Did you read the link the other guy posted?
    Ahh, I didn't see that link. Thanks.
    07-17-2014 02:11 PM
    I didn't read the link I thought the update to 3.0 was a great sign that it would continue to get updates.

Pro S5
    07-17-2014 05:00 PM
    As my luck usually goes I just purchased Nova Prime a few days ago. LOL Doesn't really matter to me because I like the launcher as it is and even if it never gets updated again I will have gotten my money's worth.
    07-17-2014 05:10 PM
    Is there a benefit to using either of these compared to touch wiz? I am happy with touch wiz now but my friends say I should use a different launcher.

Posted via Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy S5, please excuse the brevity.
    07-17-2014 06:22 PM
    Is there a benefit to using either of these compared to touch wiz? I am happy with touch wiz now but my friends say I should use a different launcher.

Posted via Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy S5, please excuse the brevity.
    They're faster and have more customization options.
    peacefulberry likes this.
    07-17-2014 06:31 PM
    As my luck usually goes I just purchased Nova Prime a few days ago. LOL Doesn't really matter to me because I like the launcher as it is and even if it never gets updated again I will have gotten my money's worth.
    I've purchased both Nova and Apex. I'm using Nova until it becomes obsolete. It will be a while before that happens so you're good for a while.
    07-17-2014 07:27 PM

It definitely makes the phone faster. You can change animation and scrolling speeds, icon sizes, color theme of ui, custom gesture settings, number of home screens, multiple dock pages, vertical or horizontal dock scrolling...and thousands of other customizations! Its awesome and fluid and I love it! Oh I forgot to mention that it's easy to use too.
    07-17-2014 07:49 PM

You've got to try it. Touch Wiz is horrible compared to Nova or Apex. I can't imagine using an Android device without one of these launchers.
    peacefulberry likes this.
    07-17-2014 08:36 PM
    Just installed and set it up. I like it so far. Seems snappy and like the ability to add rows of icons to the home screens. Using the free version for now, not sure the pay version has any features worth paying for, but will definitely consider it later. Is there a tips and tricks to this thing some where? Just want to make sure I'm maximizing it.
    What I like is the two or three rows of docks and I set up folders in them so I don't have anything on my screen and I don't have multiple homescreens. Clean.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-17-2014 09:03 PM
    You've got to try it. Touch Wiz is horrible compared to Nova or Apex. I can't imagine using an Android device without one of these launchers.
    I downloaded it a few hours ago and am liking it so far, but I'm trying to change the folder icon to the default samsung s5 folder, but can't find it in my es file explorer, do you know where i can find it?

It feels similarly fluid to touchwiz to me, but changing icon packs is great
    07-17-2014 10:52 PM
    The icon packs are icing on the cake. Me likey...
    07-18-2014 09:48 PM
    I downloaded it a few hours ago and am liking it so far, but I'm trying to change the folder icon to the default samsung s5 folder, but can't find it in my es file explorer, do you know where i can find it?

The only thing I could think of to get it how you want would be to switch to TouchWiz, take a screen shot and then crop the folder and save it. Then switch back to Nova or Apex and long press the folder and hit edit and then tap on the icon picture and save it as the icon pic. I'm sure there is any easier way but I think it would require root access.
    07-19-2014 10:23 AM
    One customizable option I really like with Nova is that I can change the color of the fonts.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5
    07-19-2014 02:45 PM
    To start with...one cool feature is that after downloading and installing Nova...you are able to bring all your settings from Apex to Nova. You don't have to start from scratch and arrange your apps on each page. There are a lot more customization options than with Apex. Nova is smoother than Apex. I know everything I stated is pretty broad, but download the free version and give it a try....I think you would definitely buy the Prime version. I used Apex for 3 years before switching to Nova last night.

Here is a link to check out:

Nova Launcher Prime [Android App Review] | Android Central
    I have been using Apex for two years and have not considered a switch. Not sure where all the Apex fans are but I tried out Nova recently and the interface to access features was somewhat primitive compared to Apex and didn't find any features on Nova that were missing from Apex. As for speed there was not noticeable difference between Nova and Apex. I think they are very comparable feature wise and it is just a matter of taste which one works for you. I don't believe you have to put down a app to support your decision to use a similar app although that seems to be common among posters on this forum in general.
    07-19-2014 06:29 PM
    I was using apex for a while but saw some really bad bugs. Occasionally my icons would all go back and I would have to restart the phone to get I to return to normal. I also got force closes too frequently. Switched to Nova and I have not had a single issue. I am liking the Android L behavior ad well. If I was going to chose one, which I have, it's Nova by a wide margin.

07-19-2014 06:36 PM
    I was using apex for a while but saw some really bad bugs. Occasionally my icons would all go back and I would have to restart the phone to get I to return to normal. I also got force closes too frequently. Switched to Nova and I have not had a single issue. I am liking the Android L behavior ad well. If I was going to chose one, which I have, it's Nova by a wide margin.

what makes you to force to be closed?

Are you using android L on your s5?
    07-19-2014 08:12 PM
    I have been using Apex for two years and have not considered a switch. Not sure where all the Apex fans are but I tried out Nova recently and the interface to access features was somewhat primitive compared to Apex and didn't find any features on Nova that were missing from Apex. As for speed there was not noticeable difference between Nova and Apex. I think they are very comparable feature wise and it is just a matter of taste which one works for you. I don't believe you have to put down a app to support your decision to use a similar app although that seems to be common among posters on this forum in general.
    im an apex pro fan.
    07-19-2014 08:13 PM

I've been using Apex for almost a year (free version) on a dual core, not super fast phone, and it has never crashed. No issues at all.
    07-19-2014 08:45 PM
    I've been a Blackberry user. This is my first android phone. Would like to try the Nova Launcher but somewhat nervous about using it. If I don't like Nova how the heck do I go back to using TouchWiz? Will TouchWiz return to how I have my screens set up now? Thanks.
    07-20-2014 02:41 PM
    I've been a Blackberry user. This is my first android phone. Would like to try the Nova Launcher but somewhat nervous about using it. If I don't like Nova how the heck do I go back to using TouchWiz? Will TouchWiz return to how I have my screens set up now? Thanks.
    All you would do if you want to get rid of Nova is uninstall it from Settings, Manage Apps. And if you want to return to it, just reinstall it. Your Touchwiz settings should be the same if you uninstall Nova.
    Mojave likes this.
    07-20-2014 04:47 PM
    Currently using nova launcher because of google now feature (ex-apex launcher user)
    bembol likes this.
    07-20-2014 06:00 PM
    All you would do if you want to get rid of Nova is uninstall it from Settings, Manage Apps. And if you want to return to it, just reinstall it. Your Touchwiz settings should be the same if you uninstall Nova.
    Indeed. If you don't define it as your default launcher app, every time you press the home button you'll be asked which one to use.

Once you uninstall Nova, Touchwiz will automatically become the default launcher again.

Mojave likes this.
    07-20-2014 06:09 PM
    I was a bb user too in the past. Launchers are equivalent to what we call themes for bb. All you have to do is uninstall it if you don't want it anymore.
    07-20-2014 10:23 PM
    Changing to a new launcher is hard

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 running Android L or Samsung galaxy S5
    07-21-2014 09:55 AM
89 1234