Apex vs Nova

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Did you read the comments? Fourth comment in, someone said the author was asked on g+ and he said Nova is being continued.

Posted via Android Central App
One guy said it's being ended, one says it will continue. Not sure which to believe. I sure hope he continues to support it.

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I would be most inclined to believe the actual app author, and not some random person on Reddit. Since these comments regarding the future of Nova supposedly happened on Google+ you can probably find what the app author actually said if you have the inclination to look. It doesn't bother me enough right now to look, but I don't think it is a good idea to continue spreading this rumour unless you have evidence it is actually more than a rumour.

Last edited:

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I would be must inclined to believe the actual app author, and not some random person on Reddit. Since these comments regarding the future of Nova supposedly happened on Google+ you can probably find what the app author actually said if you have the inclination to look. It doesn't bother me enough right now to look, but I don't think it is a good idea to continue spreading this rumour unless you have evidence it is actually more than a rumour.

LOL, I wasn't trying to spread a rumor. I just posted a link that I saw 1 time. I didn't see that ninja edit the first time I read the thread.

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
LOL, I wasn't trying to spread a rumor. I just posted a link that I saw 1 time. I didn't see that ninja edit the first time I read the thread.

Fair enough, I didn't mean to imply you were intentionally trying to spread a rumour.

Katipo

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I've used the pro version of both launchers for a couple of years. While they both have small differing advantages, I find myself using Apex a little more. Overall I prefer the more polished interface, and currently I find it supports Chronus Widget much better than Nova does. The default layout seems slightly more balanced on Apex too.
I like the multi-app select when setting up Nova way better than Apex's labourious one by one approach, but fortunately you only have to do this the once. Nova also has an extra 3 or 4 transitions.
I haven't noticed any real difference in speed, memory consumption, or battery drain between the two.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I've used the pro version of both launchers for a couple of years. While they both have small differing advantages, I find myself using Apex a little more. Overall I prefer the more polished interface, and currently I find it supports Chronus Widget much better than Nova does. The default layout seems slightly more balanced on Apex too.
I like the multi-app select when setting up Nova way better than Apex's labourious one by one approach, but fortunately you only have to do this the once. Nova also has an extra 3 or 4 transitions.
I haven't noticed any real difference in speed, memory consumption, or battery drain between the two.

Great post, thanks.

Fizzelo

May 14, 2015
Visit site
I just bought apex pro today to get the uncount reads on missed calls and texts.

So what exactly nova prime is better than apex pro?

All you had to do is download a client for Nova to get the unread badges.

Posted via the Android Central App