Qi charging pad that does not beep?

ThrottleAbuse

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Seems like the tylt you are using is charging at a similar rate according to the screen shots. The tylt doesn't use much power 12v/750 mA so it's really just a bad design because it's a proprietary plug. I don't know if I would really call the Itian a knock off just because it has the same form factor. It's not like the makers of the tylt are the inventors of wireless charging.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Seems like the tylt you are using is charging at a similar rate according to the screen shots. The tylt doesn't use much power 12v/750 mA so it's really just a bad design because it's a proprietary plug. I don't know if I would really call the Itian a knock off just because it has the same form factor. It's not like the makers of the tylt are the inventors of wireless charging.

I should rephrase. The Tylt has been said to need that plug because of its design. No matter how you place the phone it will work because the whole stand is capable. Other pads have certain areas that work or don't work. Again, this is what I've heard and can't confirm for sure. Sure they didn't invent Qi but they make a top tier product while others haven't. Its even more reliable than the official Droid charger which Incipio made for Motorola and the Samsung charger.

As I said do what's best for you. I'm about to give up on Qi right now anyways because even though I don't damage phones I like to be safe. The case I was waiting on was a failure so now I'm between a rock and a hard place. :(

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

ThrottleAbuse

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Why not try the slim card receiver that fits behind the stock battery cover? I know people say it breaks the water resistant seal, but looking at the one I got and the cover I can't see it. It's really paper thin. And only creates a very slight bulge because of the plastic tabs on the cover no longer having a slot to fit in because the card is blocking it. If you shed off the tabs I doubt it would even show any bulge.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Why not try the slim card receiver that fits behind the stock battery cover? I know people say it breaks the water resistant seal, but looking at the one I got and the cover I can't see it. It's really paper thin. And only creates a very slight bulge because of the plastic tabs on the cover no longer having a slot to fit in because the card is blocking it. If you shed off the tabs I doubt it would even show any bulge.

Which one do you have? I'd be interested in checking it out.

ThrottleAbuse

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Posted above I have the same one that is linked. It's the Itian setup for $19 for card and charger place off ebay. I figured even if the either part is useless how can you go wrong for $19.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm not loving the extra thickness of the oem wireless charge cover. The phone feels like a Touch Pro 2 now.

I'm going to take a swing on this one:

http://www.amazon.com/BestFire®-Ult...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3794291

It will reduce the IP rating, but it should stay water resistant from splashes and whatnot. It will probably not be safe to submerge at all due to the extra thickness, but I was too gunshy to submerge my S5 anyway.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I just put the original back plate back on, and I can't go back to the hulking monstrosity that is official wireless charging back plate. It's awful.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I just put the original back plate back on, and I can't go back to the hulking monstrosity that is official wireless charging back plate. It's awful.

The stock cover is definitely lighter and thinner. It also creaks less since it's more flexible and sits tighter. I actually find it clicks in more places or at least makes the noise. Still though, going without having to open the flap is nice.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I like the wireless charging, even if it's slow. But the extra bulk of the official back cover is intolerable. I'm going to order the wireless receiver from Amazon and see how that goes.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I like the wireless charging, even if it's slow. But the extra bulk of the official back cover is intolerable. I'm going to order the wireless receiver from Amazon and see how that goes.

I'm considering the one posted here and also possibly the Tylt since I use a Vu charger. Water resistance isn't important to me but that flap makes the phone look so much better.

im_dneece6

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
@JimA: Omg, thank you SO much!! I was ready to toss my phone out the window because it would light up and chime every so often to start/finish charging again...all night long! Glad to know about these apps.
For anyone interested, I got the choetech Qingdao wireless charger and pad. It wasn't expensive, it charges fast, and the wireless card is super thin. I can use the same phone back, no bulges, and I've been able to use off-the-shelf (non-Samsung) cases I bought on amazon. I'm using the Galaxy S5.

Last edited:

citroencar

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I bought a unit from ebay which does not give continuous beeping \for my S4 and charges well.

qi.jpg

/the vendor listed Phones like Nokia Lumia 928 and 920, Google LG Nexus 4 and HTCand built-in coils and they can be tossed on the disc directly for charging.Samsung Galaxy Seires and Nokia Lumia 1020 will require a charging receivercard or back cover