Qi charging pad that does not beep?

tonybessette

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Is there a Qi charging pad out there that does not beep, that someone could recommend. I just purchased the official Samsung Qi charging cover...and now on the hunt for a good pad. One that preferably does not beep...cause I go to bed late and do not want to disturb my better half who is already asleep.

From what I read....when it reaches 100% it stops, then slowly discharges and then beeps again....again and again through out the night (which would be devastating, and get me in so much trouble, lol). I know the phone beeps, but also heard if you turn it off...it does not beep. I have no problems with powering down...it's the pad that worries me with beeping.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the Tylt Vu which beeps on initial start up but that's it. The phone stays at 100% and never drops down.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

GC736

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Is there a Qi charging pad out there that does not beep, that someone could recommend. I just purchased the official Samsung Qi charging cover...and now on the hunt for a good pad. One that preferably does not beep...cause I go to bed late and do not want to disturb my better half who is already asleep.

From what I read....when it reaches 100% it stops, then slowly discharges and then beeps again....again and again through out the night (which would be devastating, and get me in so much trouble, lol). I know the phone beeps, but also heard if you turn it off...it does not beep. I have no problems with powering down...it's the pad that worries me with beeping.

I have the official Samsung wireless charger. It does not beep when the phone is fully charged, and it stays at 100% when it is charged. It does have an LED on it, but it is not overly bright, and is mostly hidden by the phone anyways.

Posted via Android Central App

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
If I understand the OP, the problem is whn he initially sets his phone on the charger late at night. If your phone is rooted and you have xposed installed, there are three options there. I have not tried them but probably will. The beep is annoying. I use the TYLT and it only beeps initially.

ThrottleAbuse

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
So there are no settings for the phone that you can to stop the beep when connecting to a wireless charger? Bummer. Is anyone else running GSAM that can tell me the charge rate of their setup. I got an Itian receiver card and charger off ebay and it seems to charge at 620 mA and last night was the first night on the charger and it was doing the beep on and off all night. I would guess that not only does the charger make a difference but the receiver card must also. What is everyone running?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So there are no settings for the phone that you can to stop the beep when connecting to a wireless charger? Bummer. Is anyone else running GSAM that can tell me the charge rate of their setup. I got an Itian receiver card and charger off ebay and it seems to charge at 620 mA and last night was the first night on the charger and it was doing the beep on and off all night. I would guess that not only does the charger make a difference but the receiver card must also. What is everyone running?

3y4udygy.jpg

Same here with stock cover and Tylt Vu.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have this el cheapo Qi charger and pad.

I hear a small series of tones just as it recognizes the pad and starts charging.

but after that it is silent. There is a flashing light while charging and it goes solid when charged.

It trickle charges (think the phone's software does it) when 100% and just holds it there until I remove the phone off the pad.

* Qi Standard Wireless Charger kit 'mine' for $18.99 and includes the Charger Pad

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have the official cover and charging pad. The pad doesn't emit any sounds, but the phone makes two noises -- the normal two tone indicating it's charging and another tone indicating it's charging wirelessly. I can live with those, but I need to stick some gaffer tape on the LED because it's actually quite bright next to my bed. It's also annoying that the screen has to flash on when it starts charging. Any way to stop that behavior?

The fact that it trickle charges is fine for overnight, but it's really, really slow compared to plugging in to charge. The voltage is 1/3 of the standard charger. However, it's much smaller than I expected, so it's nothing to just toss it into my bag and take it to work.

ThrottleAbuse

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I have this el cheapo Qi charger and pad.

I hear a small series of tones just as it recognizes the pad and starts charging.

but after that it is silent. There is a flashing light while charging and it goes solid when charged.

It trickle charges (think the phone's software does it) when 100% and just holds it there until I remove the phone off the pad.

* Qi Standard Wireless Charger kit 'mine' for $18.99 and includes the Charger Pad

I ordered the same setup after seeing your post in the other thread. I figured I can't go wrong for $19. I noticed I had used my old charger cord to plug into the charging pad and it was slightly worn out as they tend to do. I used the included cord the second night and no beep beep so far. Also it seems sometimes GSAM is registering 720 mA of charge. I think I am going to order some more of the el cheapo pads for my truck and work. So handy to just set it on there. Although a Tylt style one would be ideal, but it looked like the tylt doesn't use a USB micro to power it, but another style plug. Any Tylt style ones out there that are less expensive and that take a USB micro to power them. Sitting on that angle would be perfect on the center console of my truck.

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Well back to the OP. I found a solution that works for me, no beep after a set time. Here are the Apps I'm using:
Nights Keeper
Alarm Clock Pro
Llama

First, install Nights Keeper and set it how you want it. I have mine to ring for incoming calls. All other notifications are off after a certain time.
Install Alarm Clock Pro and Llama. I use Llama to turn on the alarm clock when wireless charging.

Nights Keeper turns off the beeping when you place the phone in the dock (I'm using TYLT Vu). But I still had the cycling light display between fully charged and recharging. The Llama/Alarm Clock Pro combination stopped that.

I really like this setup.

ThrottleAbuse

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Looks like a cheap ripoff of the Tylt Vu. I'd spend the extra $30 and get the higher quality charger.

Ya I will pass on spending double the money on a charger that is likely made with the same internal parts in the same factory on the same production line by the same workers. And the Tylt uses a special plug so it wont work in my truck.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ya I will pass on spending double the money on a charger that is likely made with the same internal parts in the same factory on the same production line by the same workers. And the Tylt uses a special plug so it wont work in my truck.

I doubt they're even close to the same product. Just because a company copies Tylt doesn't make it share the sane parts. In fact, if you search reviews for products by Itian, you'll see a lot of mixed reviews. A lot of failure rates after several weeks and not charging fully. But hey, if you want to believe they're sharing Tylts internal design go for it.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yawn. You can doubt all you want, but the chance of them having very similar if not identical componnets internally are better than them not.

Again, doubtful. Yes, many companies do this but the likelihood of this being the case on this product isn't great. Believe what you want and that's where I'm leaving this. I'm not going to argue with you when you're set on doing something. My post can educate those who prefer to be safe and buy a quality product rather than a cheap ripoff of it. You get what you pay for.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I would also like to note something that you may be interested in. I've heard that the reason the Tylt uses a different plug from others is the power it takes to charge so quickly and keep all 3 charging rings going. That may be why but if the plug does not work for you than you obviously have to determine what's best for you. :)