Google Play Music

awriternot

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok, probably not the forum but since this is pretty much the only board I read regularly, you will also be blessed with my rant.

So, I've been trying to clean up my music folders on my laptop (multiple folders, multiple duplicates, etc.).... I've been using Media Monkey, which is great, I just haven't mastered all of the cool features.. But then I started wondering how all of the beautifully cleaned up music would sync with Google Play Music (or whatever it's called).
So after many Google searches on the topic, I was convinced that there was a way. So, I talked with Google (you probably know this already, but I found that help screen and put my # in and when they could call me - I then forgot they were going to be calling & almost didn't answer... Lol). Yep, it won't sync. Their advanced work around? Go through my my music one by one and delete the ones that I want. Oh & fix the tags that way. If that seems like too much trouble, I could delete the entire library, but then I lose my purchased music & can't get it back.

Really? Maybe it's intuitive to others, but when I installed Music Manager, I naively assumed it would sync. Oh, & if I make any changes to my existing music, Google will think it's something new.

Ugh. Really?
How have others worked through this? There are so many songs that I have purchased or grabbed while it was free, so I won't remember those.

Oh, & I did find an app that will download the music with the actual names instead of just #s! It's called Music Mate. It is a cloud with a green arrow pointing down. It doesn't have many options but at least I can download to my device now & not have to guess what it is. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So.. I'm confused. You're upset because Google music won't upload and tag your music for you?

I've had no issue selecting my music folder... And then it syncs all that music to my Google music account.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

awriternot

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
No, it will upload but it won't sync my updated music & allow me to truly sync (i. e., update deleted music and replace updated music tags). It uploads the music as if it were a new song, rather than updating the existing phone. It's not truly a sync if it won't do that. Sorry, maybe my expectations are too high & I should be grateful to have free music cloud storage, but I don't even have an option to wipe & start over without totally deleting Play music song.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze