need some help

mikecsti

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Just got my s5 last night. Have some problems Or settings I can't figure out. Maybe it's all part of one thing. If Im not connected to WiFi. I can't check the weather. It says no network. And I have it set to up day every three hours and if I'm connected to WiFi it dose not when it's connected to 4g. Emails r the same. It only updates automatically When I'm connected to WiFi. I can't see my apps or search at all in the app store.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! So let me make sure I understand you correctly--are you saying that you're not getting any web-connectivity if you're not on wi-fi? Is your Mobile Data connection on? Go to Settings>Wireless & Networks>More>Mobile Networks​, and make sure Mobile Data is checked on.

mikecsti

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Well I was just not getting those two things but for some reason now it's working fine with 4g. maybe I had to wait 24 hr.

I'm having one problems though. the play store, i had on last time on my old phone a samsung charge. I run the app and I get nothing it comes up and stays gray, I cant' search or anything. if i slide it over i get the setting, help and my gmail account name. I'm logged into my gamil account. I went throw the help to get to my apps and tried to get a new one and it and says thanks, you're new app will download in a little bit but that was last night and still nothing. I took my sd card out of my old phone at put it in my new one. so 90% of my apps came over and updated them. I did not not get the save data from the apps though. But could that be messing up the play store app? or how do I fix it. thanks

Ow it's verizon.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm finding it difficult to understand clearly. You were having problems with the Play Store on your old Charge or your new S5? You moved the SD card from your old Charge to your new S5, and suddenly all of your apps were there? It shouldn't work like that, since only a portion of an app would be on the SD card.

mikecsti

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Sorry i was going back and forth. the play store dose not work on my new s5 phone. it worked fine on my old phone. the store put my sd card in then started the phone for the first time and the apps where there and started updating them self's. My old phone did not have a big hd, i think it was like something like 250mb so it came with a 16 gb sd and everything went on that. The apps them self's are there but when I start them it's like starting them for the first time, so I have no old saved data and so on, on my s5.
Should I pull the sd and see what the phone dose? because I know when I checked it says any new picture or anything gets loaded to my sd card not the hd on the s5.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not really sure how good an idea it is to move an SD card full of app data from an old phone over to a brand new phone. It might be confusing for the new phone, and that might be one of the roots of your problems. If it were me, I would factory reset the S5, then set it back up again without the old SD card. I'd use a new SD card--you could always use your computer to move photos or other personal files from your old SD card to the new one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad