Memory card issue

Nicky_Rizzles

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys

So out of no where I continue to get a message that my memory card is blank or has unsupported files.

This came out of left field and was working since I got the phone....

Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Samsung just doesn't seem to play well with microSD cards--at least, from what I can tell from posts on these forums. The card or a file on it might have become corrupt. Unmount the card (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and insert it into your computer (using a fullsize SD card adapter--very cheap to buy, if you don't have one). See if you can see your files on the computer--if so, back them up immediately. You could run chkdsk on a Windows PC to see if there is any corruption present: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

Then consider reformatting the card (the best option is to insert it back into the phone and select the format option, if available). After reformatting the card, transfer your files back on, and see if it works again. If not, you may want to get a new card. But be aware that there's the chance it might get corrupted again--so be sure to backup photos and other important data frequently.

handybear

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
The Kit Kat upgrade my phone did this week has seriously effected the ability to copy files to the SD card now. I have been able to from my computer but nothing on the phone will and some apps won't even see the video or music files now.