Thank God for Bluetooth!!

Gunny Fitz

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello All

As many of you have already found out, the S5 has issues connecting to a Mac and it either connects when plugged in using a USB cord, or it doesn't recognize it at all. Mine connected for like 3 mins and then dropped off. The goal was trying to transfer a Playlist on iTunes that simply said "S5" and tried for hours to get it moved over using all sorts of apps for this (Kies, Samsung Switch, Android App Transfer etc. As i was sitting here about to give up I just clicked on the Bluetooth on cell and it was immediately found by my Macbook! Then a quick prompt came up and BOOM it was off and running moving 200 songs over to the phone itself - never gave me option to send to SD card but i just went in later and moved them all over manually. Its truly amazing how great BT worked in this case and even more amazing how little storage all these songs took up on phone storage location! I looked it up and 16gb holds like 3600-4000 songs which is unreal. So I have a 32GB SD Card now and am about to move ALL my tuns over to it at this point. NOTE*** I am using the app called "PowerAmp" to play them thru which has tons of cool settings for sound, even an EQ and all the regular bass n treble knobs found on a stereo! GREAT APP!

Remember when there was absolutely NO WAY that any Android would be able to accept, let alone play anything from Apple iTunes? Its great now that we can all share and do it rather easily ( I say that now since it was done thru BT!) LOL. So if you are having issues trying to move your music over to the new S5 via USB cable fall back on BT to do it- sure it takes awhile but does the job superb!
If i can only figure out why the phone won't be recognized on the Macbook Id be even better off. Yes I tried EVERY setting on both phone and MB but it always drops off after a few mins! If I find an answer I will post, and ask that anyone else with this knowledge do the same please?
Finding this forum to be VERY helpful and doesn't have members pitting against each others throats - unless I haven't been here long enough to see such a thing! lol. Off to download more music folks! Take it easy.

Gunny

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Glad you got everything sorted. Thanks for sharing the process.

I love PowerAmp myself. totally worth the $5.

Gunny Fitz

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Love the Trident there man!

When you say "worth the money" do you mean I am only on a trial basis and have to purchase it after so long? Uh oh. Hope its not too much $?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Love the Trident there man!

When you say "worth the money" do you mean I am only on a trial basis and have to purchase it after so long? Uh oh. Hope its not too much $?

PowerAmp is a paid app, but they give you a trial of it for a week or two. The cost is only $4 or $5, and only once. You pay it, you are good. When you upgrade devices, as long as you use the same gmail, you will not have to pay it again.

That is quite possibly the best money I have paid for an app.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc