what is the real purpose-read on

1iwilly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
can somebody explain to me the real purpose of wifi calling reason been if you turn off wi-fi and wi-fi calling and data you can still make and receive phone calls no matter where you are. you just can't send mms or go online so what is the real function of wifi calling.?

GC736

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Reason one, it saves on your minutes on your phone if you are calling via wifi. The other is that if you are in a weak cell reception area, but have strong wifi, there's less chance of the call dropping and it will be clearer.

Posted via Android Central App

theonlybuster

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
GC736 hit the nail on the head.
I work in an office surrounded by huge machines, computers, and a variety of other things. Reception is nonexistent, but Wifi is perfect. With Wifi Calling I can still be reached via cell phone. Any other time and any other phone, I'm lost to the world or stuck using some 3rd party app that doesn't always work and wants me to use an additional phone number (unless you pay for premium services).

And yes, minutes. Some carriers still charge for minutes used. Well if you're on Wifi making calls, you're not touching your minutes (or data) at all.

That being said, Wifi calling was a HUGE selling point for me... HUGE

1iwilly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the replies now it makes sense been i was still able to make call with everything turn off i forgot about the lost of cell signal i need to cut back on the coffee or try decaf.LOL