Great article for saving your mobile data

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I still have an unlimited data plan so I use as much as possible. LOL

The guy who sold me my S5 almost talked me into switching to a 2GB plan because it would save me some money each month but I decided not to. Good thing because I'm already over 2 GB of data used for the month. Normally, I use less than 2 GB but since I got this phone and have been messing with it so much while I'm not at home on the WiFi, I've gone over my typical usage. I'm still unsure if I want to let go of the unlimited data plan though.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I still have an unlimited data plan so I use as much as possible. LOL

The guy who sold me my S5 almost talked me into switching to a 2GB plan because it would save me some money each month but I decided not to. Good thing because I'm already over 2 GB of data used for the month. Normally, I use less than 2 GB but since I got this phone and have been messing with it so much while I'm not at home on the WiFi, I've gone over my typical usage. I'm still unsure if I want to let go of the unlimited data plan though.

I personally wouldn't until you're forced! It is nice when you're out and about and can simply stream of download what you want.. When you want.

They'll always try and talk you out of it.. They want that sale of knocking someone off their unlimited :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I personally wouldn't until you're forced! It is nice when you're out and about and can simply stream of download what you want.. When you want.

They'll always try and talk you out of it.. They want that sale of knocking someone off their unlimited :).

Well, I think the guy was just trying to save me some money TBH. It's weird though, he told me I could get a 2 GB per month plan and it would save me 20 dollars per month but when I log into my account and look online, they only offer a 300 MB plan, which is way too low, and a 3 GB per month plan, which costs the same as my unlimited plan. My bill is pretty high for a single phone and it would be nice to cut it down some but I don't really want to be constantly worrying about going over my data usage every month.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, I think the guy was just trying to save me some money TBH. It's weird though, he told me I could get a 2 GB per month plan and it would save me 20 dollars per month but when I log into my account and look online, they only offer a 300 MB plan, which is way too low, and a 3 GB per month plan, which costs the same as my unlimited plan. My bill is pretty high for a single phone and it would be nice to cut it down some but I don't really want to be constantly worrying about going over my data usage every month.

Yeah it may save you some but depends on your usage. If you get the 2 GB and go over one time it'd 15 dollars per GB.. So you're pretty much right back to where you were cost wise if you go over even a little bit know that 2 GB.

They can work deals versus the website. They really want people off of unlimited. Who are you on?

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it may save you some but depends on your usage. If you get the 2 GB and go over one time it'd 15 dollars per GB.. So you're pretty much right back to where you were cost wise if you go over even a little bit know that 2 GB.

They can work deals versus the website. They really want people off of unlimited. Who are you on?

I'm with AT&T. I've had the unlimited plan since I started with them back in 2009.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm with AT&T. I've had the unlimited plan since I started with them back in 2009.

Ah okay. Yeah you get 5 GB before throttle so of you use less than that but close to 2 GB or a little over it would be worth it to stay on unlimited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis