OK Google

cpc12

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I turned off and disabled a lot of the bloat ware installed on my S5.

OK Google disappeared and I can't figure out how to get it back

Also is there a way to unsort my email conversations on Gmail? I hate conversation mode. Anyway to just have regular email without it grouping emails it get very confusing.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
If you go to application manager in settings and slide all the way to the right, All Apps are listed, Search should be there as disabled. Ok Google is part of search. If it's not there you can download it from the Play Store. I'm not sure about the Gmail app thing, mine is just normal like it has always been.

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
In Touchwiz "OK Google" only works on a home screen where there is a Google Search widget. It does not work anywhere else in the launcher or within apps.

I turned off and disabled a lot of the bloat ware installed on my S5.

OK Google disappeared and I can't figure out how to get it back

Also is there a way to unsort my email conversations on Gmail? I hate conversation mode. Anyway to just have regular email without it grouping emails it get very confusing.

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
In Touchwiz "OK Google" only works on a home screen where there is a Google Search widget. It does not work anywhere else in the launcher or within apps.
That is true unless you enable the new 'Okay Google' feature that lets you do it from anywhere, including the lockscreen.

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I read previously that this functionality came, but I forgot to actually turn it on in the settings of the Google Search app - thanks! (Though I think it is a little weird how much this functionality lets you do when your phone is locked.)

That is true unless you enable the new 'Okay Google' feature that lets you do it from anywhere, including the lockscreen.

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
It allows you to do it from any screen but you have to have the language set to US English, NOT UK English. Which seems pretty weird to me as they're obviously very similar.

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
It allows you to do it from any screen but you have to have the language set to US English, NOT UK English. Which seems pretty weird to me as they're obviously very similar.
It's what they have done with all the Google Search/Now features since I can remember. It will begin to roll out to different language packages in time.

tutor

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I lost the "okay Google" when I had changed over to a different launcher and after your reply you are able to figure out how to get it back for me.

Posted via Android Central App via a Samsung S5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira