S5 Memo app syncing

rachmc

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm starting to lose my mind trying to figure this out - up until a few weeks ago, I was an iPhone user. I have a Macbook and an iPad and one of my favourite things about the Apple system was being able to sync my calendar, reminders and notes between devices. I recently got a new Galaxy S5 and I love it, and have managed to find syncing workarounds for my calendar, and I am using Google Keep for my 'reminders' (I primarily used my reminders app to make checklists for packing, or to do lists, and things like that, which Google Keep works great for). However I cannot for the life of me figure out how to sync my Notes. I tried adding my google account to my Apple Notes on my Macbook as this is what I did for my calendar, but this syncs to my gmail rather than to my phone.

I have the Memo app on my S5 which is exactly what I want to use as it almost exactly the same as the Apple Notes. When I check the sync settings in Memo, the box is checked to enable syncing of my memos, but where on earth do they sync to?! I have no idea how to access them outside of my phone, which is a pretty important feature for me, as I often write long chunks of text on the go and then will need to access them on the computer once I get home.

I know I can use Google Keep to make normal notes as well as checklists, but I like to have them separate from checklists, and Google Keep doesn't let you make different folders or categories for notes, they are just all mixed together.

Does anybody have the same problem or know of a workaround?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Memo on the S5 just syncs with your Samsung account, mainly for backup purposes. I use Google Keep and like it, its available anywhere you have internet access through a browser. There;s no app for iPad or Mac yet though. On my Mac and iPad I just connect to my notes through Safari, https://keep.google.com

Evernote is also a good alternative and works across multiple platforms very easily.

spark001uk

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Memo on the S5 just syncs with your Samsung account, mainly for backup purposes. I use Google Keep and like it, its available anywhere you have internet access through a browser. There;s no app for iPad or Mac yet though. On my Mac and iPad I just connect to my notes through Safari.

Evernote is also a good alternative and works across multiple platforms very easily.

I agree, I had "memo" which came preinstalled on the S5, linked it to my Samsung account in the settings, and it even stated I was able to access across multiple Samsung devices.
The short answer to that is yes you can - if the multiple devices you have are all S5's! My note 2014 10.1 doesn't have memo, and even if you do find the apk and install it, you don't get account functionality, presumably as it has to be made a system app to integrate properly.

Anyhow, installed Google keep, and not looked back, it's much better as it just syncs to your Google account.

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue and its driving me nuts. This is my first android phone still have an iPhone as my daily driver but im trying to learn android. However, is it possible to backup the memos to an SD card ?

Sent from tapatalk

Peter Nowell

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I have the Galaxy S5 and did back up memo to Samsung but when I recovered from a reset I could not find it. Where does it back up to? I thought they had a server.
Peter

Alien114

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I may be late to the conversation, but if memo is synced to my Samsung Account, then will I be able to format my phone and still have them?

Peter Nowell

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung phone and you can use Samsung to backup

Google how to back up memo by your particular manufacturer - there may be a provision.

Can you put memo contents in a folder in your pc?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn