Not automatically connecting to home wifi anymore

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
So for the first few months my S5 auto connected to my home WIFI. Now it does not, I looked into setting and saw something that has its box checked called passport certified something something.....saying something to the affect of always connect to certified wifi spots.....how the heck do I let my phone know my wifi is a wifi I want it to ALWAYS connect to. I am having to manually do it when I get home....

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
When you say that you have to manually connect, are you going into wifi and tapping your home wifi to force the connection or are you having to re-enter your wifi credentials each time? If your phone is retaining the credentials and just not connecting try this - when you are connected to your home wifi, press and hold on your home wifi in the list of connections, then select forget network, select it again to reconnect and re-enter your credentials. That will usually clear it up and it should start connecting automatically.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
When you say that you have to manually connect, are you going into wifi and tapping your home wifi to force the connection or are you having to re-enter your wifi credentials each time? If your phone is retaining the credentials and just not connecting try this - when you are connected to your home wifi, press and hold on your home wifi in the list of connections, then select forget network, select it again to reconnect and re-enter your credentials. That will usually clear it up and it should start connecting automatically.

I'm just having to click to the wifi icon. When I get up in the morning I am on my home wifi, when I get to my office, it auto connects to my office wifi, when I get home.....my wifi icon isn't lit, it's dim, I have to click it. Once I do then it's just a second or two and I am on my home wifi. It's just a pain cause I don't always remember ya know...

bbmjack

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm just having to click to the wifi icon. When I get up in the morning I am on my home wifi, when I get to my office, it auto connects to my office wifi, when I get home.....my wifi icon isn't lit, it's dim, I have to click it. Once I do then it's just a second or two and I am on my home wifi. It's just a pain cause I don't always remember ya know...

Happened to me lol
Your router is dead change it

Posted via Android Central App

bbmjack

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes router doesn't work with all devices
Example for me my ps3 online won't work unless I turn off samsung s5
Update
There might be I conflict in the devices

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Delete your home WiFi account from the S5.

Then reconnect to it and provide the password again.

That should take care of it.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Will try. Should I also disengage the option that allows it to choose Wifi or LTE to as it says keep a stable connection?