Music Skips and Stutters - App Independent.

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
This question is mainly aimed at those who use their S5 as their main music player.

When I play or stream music, my music skips intermittently. It's not consistent - it can happen one day and not happen the next.

It also doesn't matter what app I'm using - I use Milk Music, PowerAmp (also used the stock music app for a while), Pandora, and I Heart Radio on a regular basis. They all may skip from time-to-time.

Also what is unusual is sometimes when the music skips, it will temporarily speed up the music, just for about 5 or 10 seconds. Not Mickey Mouse sounding speed , but just a slight speed increase.

In addition, it happens mainly over bluetooth or if I stream over wifi (chromecast). It doesn't happen as much when I'm listening with my wired headphones.

I've tried killing apps and clearing caches and it may work for a day or so, but then it will start skipping again. I'm thinking it may be a problem with the bluetooth, because it seems like when the music skips, it drops the audio for a sec, but the song keeps going - if that makes sense.

Anyone else have this issue?

ImSaraDawn

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
My GS5 does the same thing. I was listening to an audio recording I received as an email attachment. I was listening through earbuds. The sound was so distorted I was unable to understand the words. The volume was not affected. It actually seemed to skip the most where the audio was the loudest. I tried different media players. I also tried saving the file to Google drive to see if it played better from storage. Still working on it....

Posted via Android Central App

nrobinsonpe

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Mine does the same thing when I Bluetooth music in my car, whether I'm playing music from my phone or streaming from Amazon. I also listen to audio books with the Audible app but I've never heard it skip. I'd chalked it up to the Bluetooth connection, but I guess not...

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
When I play a podcast using Doggcatcher or music from Pandora or Google Play in my car (Ford Sync) I get irregular skips that only last a half a second or so. This does not happen when listening with ear phones or when using the phone's speaker. It is also not caused by a Wi-Fi or 4G connection since the Doggcatcher files are on the phone and not streamed. I haven't tried the phone with a Bluetooth headset yet so not sure if it is Bluetooth issue or a connection problem between the phone and car. This did not happen with my S3 in the same car so it has to be a problem with the phone.

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Applied the new 4.4 update from Verizon today and this went away. Apparently there was a bug in the Bluetooth in the older version.

GabeXZ_A

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
My Galaxy S6 does the same thing, after a few seconds of playing music or even a video, the audio starts skipping/stuttering, sometimes it's triggered by me moving my phone and I never know if it will happen or not.

GeeKraft HD

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
My Galaxy S6 does the same thing, after a few seconds of playing music or even a video, the audio starts skipping/stuttering, sometimes it's triggered by me moving my phone and I never know if it will happen or not.
Hey! I have the same issue. Is it still happening? Did you find a fix?

Andrew 3

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Do software developers, Samsung or anyone in a position to correct this problem actually bother to look at these sites to offer suggestions or is it the blind leading the blind? Is Google and Samsung too cheap to respond?

JimH

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
The wife's S3 is doing that lately as well. Sounds like a jumbled mess and have to turn off Pandora. Tried clearing cache but does not last. This thru Bluetooth speaker. My S5 is fine so far.

Andrew 3

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
The beauty of this site is it is the blind leading the blind. "Mine does the same thing"! That's a great help. Incredible that this thread has continued for two years without ANY solution. A great way to promote Apple products.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs