Keeps switching to Vibrate

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

For some reason my phone randomly switches to vibrate and it is real annoying.
Does this happen to anyone else or does anyone know how to resolve this?

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I make it a habit of restarting it periodically and I did it specifically after the first couple times I noticed it.
I'll wind up setting it back to stock if it keeps happening but wanted to reach out here first.

thanks for the reply.

SIOP

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My wife was having the same problem. We think it's happening when she's swiping down to get the notification page. I removed the sound button from her notification toolbar to see if that resolves it.

Posted via Android Central App

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My wife was having the same problem. We think it's happening when she's swiping down to get the notification page. I removed the sound button from her notification toolbar to see if that resolves it.

I never thought of that! I'll give it a try and see if that solves the issue. Let me know if it works for your wife.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
A little update.

I moved the Sound icon from the notification bar but it still happens. I just noticed that it tends to go to vibrate once a call ends. I checked setting from the phone app and I do not see anything that would trigger vibrate when hanging up from a call..

Any ideas?

Paul Carlyle

May 17, 2016
Visit site
Happens to me all the time. People ring me switches to vibrate when have on sound or silent changes to vibrate. I dont like my galaxy s5 anymore terrible phone worst phone ever bought $600. And ring people in my pocket and send text messages in pocket and search web and take photos and back button plays up some times

Dezert64

Nov 11, 2017
Visit site
My phone is 12days old. Today mine started also. Never when swiping notifications. Im reading Chrome pages or email&Ill noticed its switched? No apps added last few days?
Will this Silent my Alarms,now?

Last edited:

DAS man

Feb 16, 2018
Visit site
Is in your settings/general/smart settings. It automatically changes when you get home or when you leave or plug in head phones. Good luck.

Frankcoolio

May 2, 2018
Visit site
Is in your settings/general/smart settings. It automatically changes when you get home or when you leave or plug in head phones. Good luck.

I found that during an update my calendar settings had changed. In calendar settings there is an option that puts the phone in vibrate or silent when you have a meeting. Mine had switched to all meeting are 4 hours. If you have this problem check your calendar.

Pankaj Datir

Oct 6, 2018
Visit site
I have updated by nokia 7 plus to pie and I am also facing the same issue . After sometime phone automatically goes to vibration mode .... It's annoying . . Regretting on updating now . Worst update .

Tor S

Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
I've had the same problem. My fix was to look at settings under sound there is a "shortcut to prevent ringing" which i disabled