Sixaxis will NOT pair with my s5

Devin Goodwin

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I AM ROOTED. i have an s5 on sprint (i know i know sprint = ****) i downloaded the checker and it said everything was fine
downloaded .6 apk of sixaxis controller and tried to connect... it would not just keeps flashing for ever. i then found one form while searching the deepest google i could and found a guy who said he used a blue tooth unlocker.. tried it and it didnt work.. installed the .7 apk of sixaxis controller and unlocked all the blue tooth boxes and i had it work. i was so happy i even had a second controller connected and was able to play smash brothers with 2 players and they didnt interfere with each other.. this happened once i tried today to re connect using the exact same steps and it will NOT work... why is this? why isnt anyone else having issues with this? there is almost no coverage on google. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Devin Goodwin

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
ok weird so i uninstalled 7.4 and installed 6.1. turned off the blue tooth unlocker by unchecking the boxes inside the blue tooth area. started up sixaxis and it worked... im gonna play a little mario kart 64 and then get some rest and try it again tomorrow.. ill report back

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Glad you got it figured out.
See you around the forums.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Devin Goodwin

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
morning report. i woke up and tried to connect the controller again and it just kept flashing. this is with the phone still being on from last night and the app still running. i just restarted the phone and tried connecting agian still a no go..... turned off wifi and tried it again... still a no go.... any ideas?

Devin Goodwin

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
ok i turned off the bluetooth unlocker. restart the phone. started the compatibility checker turned on the remote and it connected then i minimized that and turned on the sixaxis controller app and hit start and pushed the ps3 button and it connected. it as if the checker must be run first (at least on my 4.4.2 s5 on sprint) weird well at least i have a system now will update with any problems

Smythius

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Where did you get the Bluetooth unlocker? I have a Galaxy S5 Active and even when connecting my phone and controller via OTG cable still can't get the two to pair.