Galaxy s5 keeps disconnecting from WiFi?

Dre-Sean

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
My galaxy s5 is disconnecting from my wife though I have all the settings for that type of thing off.. It disconnects and reconnects the moment it disconnects... What could be the issue?

whtciv2k

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
My galaxy s5 is disconnecting from my wife though I have all the settings for that type of thing off.. It disconnects and reconnects the moment it disconnects... What could be the issue?
Does it happen with every wifi network you attempt to connecT to?

Dre-Sean

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
that im not sure about, im gonna test it today but what could be the reason it's happening to one router and not another one, if thats the issue?

whtciv2k

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
that means you are connecting to a faulty access point. Most home routers (from my experience) go bad after a few years of use. That is a sign that you need to replace it. As a test, you can powercycle the router you are connecting to. If it'll let you connect w/o drops then you'll be good for a day or two before you need to reset it again. If it continues to disconnect, i'd test connecting to a public connection to see if you experience the same issue, if you do then the wifi radio in your handset is probably the culprit.

whtciv2k

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
yeah, sounds like the radio on your phone might be bad. Otherwise, I've seen it when certain devices don't like certain routers. Rare, but I've seen it.

Dre-Sean

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I'd hope not or this will be my second time returning a phone. Wish I knew that store I bought it from wasn't corporate cause it seems like all his phones are ****ed up... Big *** sprint sign and it isn't even truly sprint..is there a way to attempt to fix this issue?

whtciv2k

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
That, I can't answer for you. Don't give up yet though, test it on another wifi access point and see if you still get the disconnects.

s_banks

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
In your settings there's a setting to change it. It disconnects when the wifi is unstable and uses the mobile network for faster speeds.

pharmdroid

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue. I had foxfi installed and it was sucking up battery as well. I uninstalled foxfi and restarted the phone. It works fine now.

Kc7

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
mine was doing the same thing. In Settings>wifi>advanced, I turned off Smart network switch. It seems to be working so far.:cool:

rialinn

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
aaah THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH MAAAAN!!!! Auto switch was the problem!

This is the exact problem I'm having, it's driving me crazy! I just got a new router thinking that was the problem but same thing is happening. I went to settings->wifi which brings up a list of wifi connections available, is this the right place? I selected my wifi connection bit dont see the smart/advanced setting you're talking about. Can you help??

rialinn

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
mine was doing the same thing. In Settings>wifi>advanced, I turned off Smart network switch. It seems to be working so far.:cool:

I can't seem to find the Smart network switch, can you help? I went to settings and wifi which shows the list of available wifi connections, then?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to find the Smart network switch, can you help? I went to settings and wifi which shows the list of available wifi connections, then?

Once you go to wifi, smart switch will be at the top.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-05-22-02-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-05-22-02-48.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

SLCZurdo

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

We have 3 S5's in my house which were all doing this. I turned off the Smart network switch and they have all stayed on the network solid.

Thanks for the tip!

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I think that particular description is all wonky.

Switching between networks does not make for a stable connection, makes it worse as we have all seen.

Mine has been unchecked since day one.

It's never actually worked for me. Unless I was doing it wrong.

Posted via the Android Central App