Can't interrupt Notification playback?

Mordikye

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Part of my job is on-call, and I get text alerts that I have to wake up and respond to. My employer just got me a new Galaxy S5 and I set a lengthy notification sound to help ensure that I don't sleep through a quick beep or other short sound. However, for the life of me, I can't seem to press any button that will stop the playback once I'm awake. Volume up or down, power, and none of the buttons on the bottom seem to work. the playback is long enough that I've been able to unlock the phone, go into the messages and read through it, and even get my laptop spun up but it needs to be so on those occasions where I've either had a rough night or dead asleep, I don't sleep through it.

Anyone know of a way to interrupt the playback and or a better messaging app than stock that will allow me too?

Also, I can't root the phone as my employers security requirements won't allow me to, and they check...

Thanks

theonlybuster

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem when a text would come in and I literally had a song as the notification tone and it would play the ENTIRE song no matter what I did.
That being said, I'm assuming this notification is for a text, I believe your only alternative is to change it to something shorter (and possibly louder for your sake). If this is an alarm, it's a different story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12