Galaxy s5 Battery Drain

Awais Hassan

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
So..ive read all the posts regarding battery drain.. i researched a lot.. i closed all the sync data and restricted background data.. brightness is at around 25%..and im comfortable with the brightness..now im uploading the battery usage stats to see if any expert can explain the issues here...i mean im aiming for a day and a half .. its giving me around 20 hours..
Screenshot_2014-08-03-01-25-08.jpg
Screenshot_2014-08-03-01-25-14.jpg
Screenshot_2014-08-03-01-25-21.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Not very good, I agree. What's the total screen-on time? Tap the Screen category to find out.

Sometimes the battery that gets shipped with the phone is faulty. Are you able to try a different battery?

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Android system is high.

Have you updated your software?

Whats ur on screen time?

Posted via Android Central App

Awais Hassan

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Screen on time..i didnt see honestly..ive put my cell on charge and right now it shows 2 hrs and 41 miins..i think thats the time it spent on battery previously..ill try for a new battery..i just bought it 15 days back ...

Awais Hassan

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
i havent updated my software..do i need to ? on screen time likely is 2 hours 41 mins.. thats wat i am seeing right now after ive charged my battery to its fullest..

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
im also using Battery doctor and Clean master..
Try Green Power. I tried BD, Juice defender and then GP and I found GP to be the most effective and easy to implement. And be sure to keep location tp "power saving." And disable/uninstall ALL Amazon and carrier (like Verizon) crap.

Awais Hassan

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Try Green Power. I tried BD, Juice defender and then GP and I found GP to be the most effective and easy to implement. And be sure to keep location tp "power saving." And disable/uninstall ALL Amazon and carrier (like Verizon) crap.
different ppl say different things...battery doctor, cm browser, clean master, juice defender, greenify, and so on..... i wanna ask ...do we really need these apps at alll.. s5 has a sort of task killer of its own..(when u tap the left touch button besides the home button, and turn all apps for once)..do we really need to install all these task killlers?

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Wow 20 hours? You guys don't think that's good? That sounds amazing to me. I'm abetting averaging about 13 to 15 hours .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Wow 20 hours? You guys don't think that's good? That sounds amazing to me. I'm abetting averaging about 13 to 15 hours .

But the screen didn't seem to be on very much. If I left my Nexus 5 alone, and hardly turned the screen on to do anything, it would last at least a day and a half--and this is a phone with a very mediocre battery. That's part of the reason I wanted to see the total screen-on time. The S5 should probably average around 4-5 hrs of total screen-on time per charge (while my Nexus 5 gets around 3).

jd6102

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Here is my stats from today. I think they are pretty good.

y4uhare3.jpg
ubasesyr.jpg

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I would try Battery Guru. It's a bit different as it "learns" your pattern of operation and implements it's tools to optimize battery life for your "device" the way you use it.

I can honestly say it works for me and the way I use my S5.

I'm a very heavy user and it dropped the number of charges I used to require by about 40%.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Three7s

May 4, 2014
Visit site

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I just use MacroDroid now.

It has two major functions for me.

Screen locked:
turn off Data, WiFi, Sync, Bluetooth

Screen unlocked: turn all that stuff back on.

when I am not using the phone the battery use is almost nil. Way less than 1% per hour.

As PainFX just showed up above, knowledgeable use of the phone's capabilities can give phenomenal battery life.

Over a long weekend last week, I did not use my phone from Thursday after work until the next Monday going to work.
During that time, it used less than 15% of the battery over that 3 day period.

It is all about how you use it and what you expect it to do.

For me, if the screen is dark, I want the phone to be sleeping the deep sleep. It will still take inbound calls and text messages. Beyond that, I don't want anything else to use battery power.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish