No Gmail notifications?

Stingray_2014

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I picked up an S5 today and it's great except for the Gmail notifications. They are not showing up. I can send my gmail account an email and will phone will simply not notify me. I checked the settings and the notifications are set to show up. I must be missing something. This worked fine on my GS3 which I retired today. Any ideas or suggestions? I did a Google search but nothing helped to solve my issue. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say you checked the settings, do you mean Settings>Sound, or the settings within the Gmail app? Open Gmail, tap the menu button, then Settings, and look for the notification options there.

Stingray_2014

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Hey,

Thank you for the welcome. I am talking about both settings. They are all turned on. Even within the Gmail application it is set to notify. I went in and adjusted the notifications for each label at this point and it still doesn't seem to be working. On my S3, my LED would blink when new mail arrived along with the icon in the top left corner. Now I get nothing. If I turn my S3 back on, everything works like it's supposed to. Any ideas? Thanks.

Stingray_2014

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I tried the wiping the cache and that did work. I then did a factory reset and that did not work either. Something is not write. I may have to go back to the store tomorrow. I am usually pretty good with this stuff and I have been through every option. If they can't solve this quickly, I am going to have to return it and get an LG G3 perhaps. Any other ideas? I appreciate the help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, it sounds like you've tried a lot of things. Wish I could have your phone in my hand to check it out!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc