Disable Screen wake on Headphones plugged in ?

Iriez

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Is this possible with xposed or is the option hidden somewhere? I've done a fair amount of searching for both and found no love.

This is not related to the 'recommended apps' feature that places icons in your notification panel upon earphones plugged in. I have disabled that feature and it does not disable the turning on of the screen when headphones are plugged in. My headphones get disconnected all the time when im riding bmx and I plug them back in while its still in my pocket causing it to turn the screen on, which is annoying since its already in my pocket and the screen off button is very slim on this case. Then I gotta take the phone back out, turn the screen off, etc :) Happens 10 times a day!

Thanks all! Loving this phone otherwise :)

PS the device is rooted running MOAR rom, sprint s5.

Iriez

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I too would like to see an answer for this.

Praise the lord im not the only one!

Thanks for chiming in. For everyone else that reads this, if you too want this feature please comment in the post. Developers will not bother with something unless people speak up!

Thank you!

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Try this.

Install MacroDroid * MacroDroid - Device Automation - Android Apps on Google Play

Set Trigger to "Headphones Inserted"

Set Action to "Screen Off"

it will ask you to activate Administrator Rights and let you know that you will have to remove those rights if you ever decide to uninstall MacroDroid. Although, once you start using MacroDroid I cannot fathom why you would want to uninstall it.

MD has been a life saver for me.

bobbymantime

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Install MacroDroid

Set Trigger to "Headphones Inserted"

Set Action to "Screen Off"

Will this turn off my screen if it's already on when headphones are inserted? Or is there an option to only trigger if both screen is off and headphones are inserted?

All and all sounds like a workaround, but if there's no proper fix I'll probably go with this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke