Power drain

blevitt3

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
My son and I both recently got the S5. Today his phone completely drained and shut off, even though he was at work all day. I compared Battery settings on the 2 phones and saw where his "Android System" settings show 48% usage where mine is 14%. I'm new to Android so would appreciate any info...

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Battery drain like that can be due to a number of issues--most often, an app or process that is running out of control. A reboot usually corrects things, but it can be difficult to pinpoint what is causing the drain. Another notorious battery suck is poor cell signal. It would be helpful to see screenshots of the Battery stats (Settings>Battery), as well as the full screen battery graph (to see the total Awake time and the Cell Signal strength), the Screen category (to see the total Screen On time), and the Cell Standby category (to see the Time without Signal).

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I work in very rural areas on a road crew. We are constantly going down into deep ravines and staying there for hours.

Cell sites disappear or are very weak.

I use MacroDroid to turn off Data, Wifi when the phone's screen is locked.

When the screen is unlocked, I have it automatically turn on Data and Wifi.

* MacroDroid - Device Automation - Android Apps on Google Play

Taking over the phone's access to the internet stopped my phone from wasting battery power needlessly.

The phone will now last me 3 to 5 days or more easily. It is currently at 64% after 3-1/2 days off charge.

I do a lot of newspaper reading and all of their videos, emails, and a lot of texting.

I also have the screen set at 10 minutes to make reading easier.

Just tap the Power Button and the screen is locked instantly (settings for that in Lockscreen)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995