Verizon update

Jasburyy

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Received the update, now my text notification sounds are no longer working. Tried a restart, with no luck. Anyone else have this happen? Any suggestions? Thanks!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Many people recommend to do a factory reset after getting a software update.
If you do, make sure to back up all your stuff first.

Sent From The 5th Galaxy Inside The Time Vortex.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Many people recommend to do a factory reset after getting a software update.
If you do, make sure to back up all your stuff first.

Sent From The 5th Galaxy Inside The Time Vortex.

LMFAO!!! Really? That seems ridiculous to have to do a factory reset because of an update. I've never done this. I've always been able to figure out what settings got reset or changed. Not that a factory reset is a huge deal but it is a bit of a pain in the *** and seems unnecessary for a minor software update.

OP, I assume you've tried resetting the notification tones and ringtones? Are they custom music tones or the stock tones? It has to be one of your settings. I'd go through and double check all of your sound settings.

Before you do a factory reset, I'd try wiping the cache and doing a battery pull. If you don't know how to wipe the cache, follow the steps below.

Turn phone off
Hold the power, home and volume up buttons
When you feel the phone vibrate, release the power button only and continue holding volume up and home button
The phone will boot in recovery mode
Use the volume button to scroll down to wipe cache
Press the power button to wipe cache
Reboot the phone

sfogle

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Mine did the same thing- All you have to do is go in to Settings and turn the volume up for Notifications.

Don't know why it only affected Notifications as my Ring Tone, etc. were all fine.

mrg4512

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine did the same. Not sure why. Just go to settings and adjust notification sound. Quick and easy !

Posted via Android Central App