Just tested out an m8 at best buy

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I heard good things about it. Tried it out but didnt like it. Do you feel the same?

Posted via Android Central App

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I've tried one at best buy and one at the Sprint store. I did like them but the GS5 was the phone that ticked most of all the boxes for me.

Sent From The 5th Galaxy Inside The Time Vortex.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I think it has to do with the screen and how that colors just pop. Thats what i like more about the s5.

Although the m8 is just a tad faster, i do not like the UI.

Overall, im a happy camper with my s5.

Posted via Android Central App

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't even consider it because of the camera being sub par and the lack of removable battery.

The only thing from the original HTC One that appealed to me was the Zoe feature. However I've been able to make videos from my pictures using Google plus for nearly a year now and it's now part of the Samsung studio software on my S5. So the M8 doesn't interest me at all.

I'm not a fan of the design. I find the iPhone to be more aesthetically pleasing if you're interested in that sort of thing. Plus after using the G3 briefly I don't like the curved back on the M8. I prefer a flat back like on the S5. In fact I prefer the S5 look and feel to the that of the M8.

Posted from my S5

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I work at best buy. Between the S5, G3, and M8, the M8 came in last imo. Just didn't have as good of a feel to me and I don't like the way their operating system is locked down compared to other Android phones. If I wanted to be limited, I would get another iphone.

Posted via Galaxy S5

joe watson1

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I have been playing with both phones lately at BB trying to decide which one to get. One thing I have noticed at several BB I have been too is the screen burn in on a lot of the S5 phones. Some we really bad. Is this a known issue with these types of screens?

THARD11

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I really miss my M8 it's swimming with the fishes now. In my opinion the Sense UI is so much better than Touchwiz. I like several of the enhancements they made to Android and I had been using a Moto X. The screen on the G5 is nice but that was not enough to sway me over from the UI difference.

lisainsf

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I had one for about a week, love the look of the phone but the pictures were not good , my notification light would not work, the notification sound stopped working after one day and the screen became unresponsive to touch sometimes. It was slightly faster than touchwiz but not like wow faster. After a week with the S5 it is the best choice for me. I had the Note 3 for a long time just got tired of such a big phone and the S5 is just right.

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
That happened to me
I went into best buy and it took me like 20 seconds to realize that I liked my GS5 better than the M8
I honestly like what samsung did with TouchWiz in regards to the notification menu and settings, I think stock android did it wrong
Plus, the physical home button and the fingerprint scanner are huge for me

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the M8 for a few days but then exchanged it for the S5.

I can't over the thick bezels and the useless hTc logo didn't help either making the M8 even taller than it should be. At the end of the day the M8 didn't offer anything new which is why I couldn't justify keeping it.