after water drop

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
That's the standard.. I'm just saying Samsung does not market it as proof. Sorry.. They just don't.

Then why would they advertise the phone as IP67 certified ? Seems to me that would be false advertising and opening them selves up to potential law suits .

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Then why would they advertise the phone as IP67 certified ? Seems to me that would be false advertising and opening them selves up to potential law suits .

Because it IS IP67 certified, but IP67 does not mean water proof. Water proof implies that no amount of water can damage it. LIke a scuba diver's watch. The S5 isn't water proof below 1 meter or for longer than 30 minutes. Calling it water proof would also open up Samsung to legal liability when a phone is damaged by water, even if the owner dropped it in 1,000 feet of water.

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Because it IS IP67 certified, but IP67 does not mean water proof. Water proof implies that no amount of water can damage it. LIke a scuba diver's watch. The S5 isn't water proof below 1 meter or for longer than 30 minutes. Calling it water proof would also open up Samsung to legal liability when a phone is damaged by water, even if the owner dropped it in 1,000 feet of water.

I never said IP67 meant the phone was water proof . Look at my other post #18 . IP67 does not say water proof. Samsung advertises the phone as IP67 certified which means its Water resistant to 1 meter if all ports are closed. But some folks are saying that Sammy isn't backing up the warranty if the phone gets wet . To me that is false advertising . Granted we don't know the circumstances for the warranty denials .

gazoo2010

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

Even a scuba divers watch dies not say waterproof. My watch is rated as water resistant to 750 meters.....

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Thats unfortunate. I work at a vzw retailer and our samsung rep has told us regularly that its water proof up to 1 meter. I regularly dip mine in glasses of water to show customers and friends and such, sounds like your charging port may not have been fully closed

Maybe you can clear something up for me. I've asked this several times on this forum but no one answers. I'm very careful with the usb port cover and after 3.5 months, it's still on :) However, when it's closed (and I make sure it's as snug as it will go), I can gently push on the usb door and there is some movement. It seems if it was water tight, there would be no play/movement of the door. Does your usb door move slightly when you press on it after it's in the closed position? I've never dunked my phone in water. Heck, the thing freezes up on me when I just touch the screen with damp fingers! It also froze up when it got just a few sprinkles of water on it. I can't imagine what dunking it in water would do.

btw...not only does Samsung say the phone is water resistant, not water proof, it also says it's water resistant UP TO 3 feet/1 meter for up to 30 minutes.
Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer