Galaxy S5 Picture Preview Issue

V3RACITY

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Immediately after taking a picture on my Galaxy S5 it forces me to preview the picture in the gallery, I have searched every setting in the phone that I can think of and googled every phrasing of this issue and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to disable this. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF.... HELP ME

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC :)
Do you mean that after you take a picture it will give you a 1-2 second preview of the one you just took? I don't think that feature can be disabled. It's supposed to be there so you can see whether or not the picture you took is satisfactory.
You can try another app like the Google Camera which will not do that, but the stock app doesn't have an option to turn it off.

V3RACITY

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Weary about using another app because I like the speed of the stock app. Considering wiping my phone to see if it fixes the issue. That is how frustrating this is.

V3RACITY

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC :)
Do you mean that after you take a picture it will give you a 1-2 second preview of the one you just took? I don't think that feature can be disabled. It's supposed to be there so you can see whether or not the picture you took is satisfactory.
You can try another app like the Google Camera which will not do that, but the stock app doesn't have an option to turn it off.

It is more than a 1-2 second preview, it delays 1-2 seconds, then brings me to my gallery image of the pictures with the options to share or edit it or swipe left or right and view the other pictures in my gallery.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It is more than a 1-2 second preview, it delays 1-2 seconds, then brings me to my gallery image of the pictures with the options to share or edit it or swipe left or right and view the other pictures in my gallery.
Well, like I said, that appears to be a feature of the stock camera app. Haven't seen a setting (at least on the S4, don't have access to an S5) that eliminates the preview after the picture.
You can try a third party app if it's that much of an issue :)

V3RACITY

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, like I said, that appears to be a feature of the stock camera app. Haven't seen a setting (at least on the S4, don't have access to an S5) that eliminates the preview after the picture.
You can try a third party app if it's that much of an issue :)

I appreciate the insight but I swear not all s5's force the preview. Can anyone else weigh in?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate the insight but I swear not all s5's force the preview. Can anyone else weigh in?

Ah, OK. Didn't know it wasn't common on every S5. I'll see if any of the S5 guys can help or maybe another user can weigh in.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

Daniel Stingel

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
There's a toggle in camera settings "Review pics/videos". Do you have that set to 'off'? I turned it on, and it behaved just as you described.

Posted via the Android Central App

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
As others have said, I just turned on "review pictures/videos" and it did exactly what you described. Turn it off, and check an app's settings first in the future if you want to change something about it.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I tested this just now, and Daniel is 100% correct. Amazing what you can learn by asking a question here.

Last edited:

irish_gypsy

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
There's a toggle in camera settings "Review pics/videos". Do you have that set to 'off'? I turned it on, and it behaved just as you described.

How do i Get to that menu option? When i click the settings wheel/cog in the camera i don't have the option to review images.

Stephanie Sanders1

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
My phone is doing the same thing with the preview and I don't have the option for Review or a Toggle option in my camera settings. My phone isn't set to easy mode. My phone wasn't doing this before ..... and then one day the option came up after I took a pic to switch to seeing a preview and I thought that would be a nice feature. No. It's an annoying feature. What other way can I find this 'Review option'

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
There is an indicator to the right of the items, though it does blend with the menu.

dreaaagee

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Turn your auto rotation on and go to your camera. click on the settings and turn your phone. the settings where it shows all your options.. scroll down and you should see an option that says "Auto Review Pics/Videos" and turn that off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae