Galaxy S5 Front Facing Camera is Grainy and Images Look Washed Out

tobago_88

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I have the S5 and noticed that the front facing camera's colors appear washed out and the quality is grainy. I did a side-by-side comparison with my S4 and noticed that the S4's front facing camera quality is far better. The colors on the S4 appear accurate, there is no distortion, and the quality is good. Has anyone else noticed these issues with the S5's front facing camera?

tobago_88

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Did you upgrade from an S3/S4? I had both the S3 and S4 and thought the front camera's quality is way better. The pictures look blurry/grainy kind of bummed. I'm still in my buyer's remorse period so T-Mobile wanted to send me a new device, but I checked an S5 out at the store and it looked the same like mine.

tobago_88

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm glad it's not just me, I thought I was going crazy for a sec. I find it super annoying! Lol it's like downgrading a feature when you upgrade. The camera seriously looks like that of a webcam from the 90s. Hopefully it can be fixed with a software update or something.

tobago_88

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I also checked out the Note3 and compared it to the Galaxy S5's front camera and it's also way better. I think that Samsung used the same front facing camera for the Galaxy S4/Note3 and changed it on the S5. So if my theory is correct the Note4 may have the same front facing camera as the S5...

allieebee

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm noticing the same problem. I recently upgraded by a Samsung Galaxy S3 to the S5, and the front camera is just awful! I read reviews before I got the phone, and all of them said that the Samsung Galaxy S5 camera is the best. I'm starting to wonder if this is just the problem with my particular phone/hardware?

The front facing camera produces really white/pale and grainy/pixelated pictures (no matter the lighting). My S3 front camera produced clear, and darker images (more accurate colors).

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm noticing the same problem. I recently upgraded by a Samsung Galaxy S3 to the S5, and the front camera is just awful! I read reviews before I got the phone, and all of them said that the Samsung Galaxy S5 camera is the best. I'm starting to wonder if this is just the problem with my particular phone/hardware?

The front facing camera produces really white/pale and grainy/pixelated pictures (no matter the lighting). My S3 front camera produced clear, and darker images (more accurate colors).

I think the reviews were referring to the rear camera.

I don't think most reviews really concentrate on the front facing camera.

Posted from my S5

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I think the reviews were referring to the rear camera.

I don't think most reviews really concentrate on the front facing camera.

Posted from my S5

I'm sure this is right. My S5's front camera is admittedly terrible but I don't really care about that at all. The rear camera is pretty amazing, however, which is far more important to me and is what most reviews focus on, often exclusively.

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Wow I'm shocked to read this just got my S5 two days ago and my front facing camera takes some beautiful pictures. I'm coming from the S4 and that front camera sucked at least mine anyway. Perhaps it depends on the lighting but I was outside on a sunny day, and the pictures were flawless?

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure this is right. My S5's front camera is admittedly terrible but I don't really care about that at all. The rear camera is pretty amazing, however, which is far more important to me and is what most reviews focus on, often exclusively.

I'm not too bothered about the front facing camera either as I'm not into taking selfies. I do think that front facing camera on the note 4 sounds interesting because of the wide screen aspect you could use it to take pictures of yourself in nice scenery or with landmarks etc.

Posted from my S5

allieebee

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm not that into selfies either, it just upsets me that when I upgraded my phone the quality of the front camera is actually worst than the older generation (ie. my Samsung Galaxy S3). I mostly wanted to make sure that this wasn't a hardware issue with my phone as I can still exchange for another phone if mine was faulty. Seems like there are some people with the same issues as me, so it must not be my particular phone.

I find that if you take it under natural lighting it fares ok. Not so much in any indoor lighting (no matter how bright!)

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
323490_328242907194163_141192954_o.jpg

This is a pic from 2003 with a .5 MP Samsung flip phone.

In a minute I'll upload a pic I took of my dog with my S5. The phone from 11 years ago with half a Mega Pixel is much higher definition, better color, better clarity

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
There's no comparison between those two pics.....a 2003 1/2 a MP flip phone VS a 2014 S5. The S5 has almost no color to it...look at the sand in the first pic, look at the sand in the second pic....

bbmjack

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
There's no comparison between those two pics.....a 2003 1/2 a MP flip phone VS a 2014 S5. The S5 has almost no color to it...look at the sand in the first pic, look at the sand in the second pic....

I see same they are same?

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma