07-11-2017 02:42 PM
42 12
tools
    Didn't work that way. I subscribed to the warranty, so they took the old phone and gave me a new one. The woman at the Verizon store TOLD me that she was backing everything up for me, but it apparently wasn't true.

I only have one game - chess, but a lot of other things I've added, like connecting to my home wireless, Airdroid, photos, videos etc.
    08-05-2015 11:59 AM
    Didn't work that way. I subscribed to the warranty, so they took the old phone and gave me a new one. The woman at the Verizon store TOLD me that she was backing everything up for me, but it apparently wasn't true.

I only have one game - chess, but a lot of other things I've added, like connecting to my home wireless, Airdroid, photos, videos etc.
    That's a completely different warranty process than I have from Verizon. Verizon overnights a warranty replacement to my home, and I then have to put the old one in the mail. What warranty do you have, curiously? I have "extended warranty" through Verizon, the one that costs about $3 a month and doesn't cover insurance type claims (lost / water damage / screen cracks), only covers if it's defective.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-05-2015 09:10 PM
    Mine is like $10 a month and they said if I run my car over it, it gets replaced.
    08-05-2015 10:00 PM
    I have the same problem with my S5. I pretty much have to yell into the microphone hole. My son now has the same problem. He lives in Boston. Me in New Hampshire. Enough people have this issue that I'm sure Samsung knows it's an issue. I'm out of warranty. I'll get an HTC
    MamaBear2014 likes this.
    09-09-2015 04:32 PM
    I'm fed up but I don't know what to do. I don't know if the S6 is any better and Verizon just ended all contracts, so we'd have to pay full price for any new phone now.
    09-09-2015 05:09 PM
    I had that problem the other day. I had been using the speaker & forgot to turn it off. Once I did it was fine.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-16-2015 05:02 AM
    I even replaced this phone once already. It's apparently a design problem. Does anyone know if the S6 fixes it?
    09-16-2015 11:26 AM
    I even replaced this phone once already. It's apparently a design problem. Does anyone know if the S6 fixes it?
    Same problem. I cleaned the lint out of my mic with the hairs of a toothbrush. Now my voice if clear and sharp.
    11-02-2015 10:40 AM
    Same problem. I cleaned the lint out of my mic with the hairs of a toothbrush. Now my voice if clear and sharp.
    I'm still having the problem, even after I took an Xacto knife and CARVED the mic pinhole into a larger diameter, at the bottom of the phone.

And from what I've read, the S6 is no better!

It's making me crazy, because clients call while I'm in the car and they keep saying I sound muffled and they cant hear me!

And now that Verizon has quit doing contracts and "free" phones, it costs a LOT to get a newer model, which would be a disaster if it was just as bad as this S5! What the heck is wrong with Samsung, that they cant make a phone that doesn't sound muffled?!
    01-13-2016 06:53 PM
    I've had this problem since the day I got the phone. Nothing works and it's not a background noise issue, because I can be sitting at my kitchen table and all of a sudden they can't hear me - no changes, the sound just goes out. I'm ready for an iPhone. I've liked this phone in every other respect, but it is a PHONE. The fact that basic PHONE CALLS can be a huge hassle is absurd.
    04-12-2016 02:22 PM
    I've had this problem since the day I got the phone. Nothing works and it's not a background noise issue, because I can be sitting at my kitchen table and all of a sudden they can't hear me - no changes, the sound just goes out. I'm ready for an iPhone. I've liked this phone in every other respect, but it is a PHONE. The fact that basic PHONE CALLS can be a huge hassle is absurd.
    Exactly Sheri. The question is, what to do now? I've been through 3 of these, and recently, Verizon talked me through testing it with the voice recorder app and THAT sounded GREAT! Clear & crisp. Then people tell me they cant hear me, so THESE PHONES are defective in their very design!

I wonder if Verizon has any pull with Samsung, for replacing it with a different model, for me, at no charge?
    04-12-2016 02:29 PM
    I've experienced this same problem, but what fixed my problem was a clogged mic. (Not saying this is YOUR problem, but give it a try). Next to the port on your phone where you plug in your charger, you will see a very small pin hole, that is your mic, using a straight pin, clean this hole as it sometimes get micro debris in it. Voila! This solved my problem, hope it's your solution also.
    05-24-2016 11:55 AM
    I've experienced this same problem, but what fixed my problem was a clogged mic. (Not saying this is YOUR problem, but give it a try). Next to the port on your phone where you plug in your charger, you will see a very small pin hole, that is your mic, using a straight pin, clean this hole as it sometimes get micro debris in it. Voila! This solved my problem, hope it's your solution also.
    Not for me, Jeff. I even tried carving out the mic hole with a pointed Xacto knife. THEN someone at Verizon had me try the voice recorder app and it sounded clear and crisp. So the problem is apparently happening only with outgoing phone calls, on many of this model of phones. I turned it in to Verizon a few weeks ago and got a LG G5 instead, which has been GREAT for people finally hearing me! I will NEVER own another Samsung phone because of this! It's cost me maybe $700 altogether and I cant get compensation from Samsung - no one even knows how to try!

You can see my next thread at http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...axy-s5-me.html

Let's end this one. Thanks everybody.
    05-24-2016 12:20 PM
    Make sure you aren't holding the phone with your pinky finger over the small microphone hole near the usb port.
    THIS!!! This was the cause for me. Pinky covering the mic.

(I know this is an old post, but it comes up on the first page of google results for this problem)

To make matters worse, as I get frustrated that people can't hear me, I would start holding the phone differently to talk more clearly at the bottom. Turns out my pinky would covered the mic hole every time I tried to do so, only making it worse.

Seriously everyone, watch your pinky near the mic! 100% solved my problem

I tried everything else people mention here. Even factory resets. Its just poor design, with the mic hole placement.
    05-29-2016 10:28 PM
    Clear. The person who had been complaining saod that it now sounded like i was standing next to them. I rebooted the phone before testing. Not an issue for me anymore.
    06-25-2016 09:40 AM
    I have the s3 same problem peoplr csnt hear me ehen i call them .it just happened the other day. Other than that its been a grest phone .i think its a scam to get us to nuy new phones.
    07-11-2017 02:40 PM
    Didnt work for me
    07-11-2017 02:42 PM
42 12