S Health for Samsung Galaxy S5

Nathan Wright6

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi, i have been having trouble with getting my samsung s health app to stay on whilst i am exercising, i have a road bike and i use the app to track where i have been etc and watch my pace on the screen.

However after a while it just locks the screen and goes black!!! i have tried using the screen lock function that is on the app and this doesn't stop the screen from going black, i have also been into settings on the phone and changed it to other lengths of time but there doesn't seem to be an option for never which is frustrating. Obviously i want the phone to stay on whilst i ride my bike so i can track my pace etc but at the minute i cannot do that, the phone doesn't go off when looking at it option wont work either as i have to look at the road ahead.

Is there a way to keep the screen from locking whilst i am on the app or an alternative i could use?

:D

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Here is one possible solution.

Install MacroDroid and create a macro that does the following:

Trigger> Application Launched
Select > Health (or whatever it is called)
Action > Keep Device Awake ( I have not tried this yet but that says to me keep the screen unlocked )
..............There is also an Action Option to force Screen ON )
..............There is also an Action Option to force Screen Timeout to "Never"

I personally use MacroDroid for a different purpose.
For me, it turns the internet off when screen locked, and back on when screen unlocked.

MacroDroid is extremely versatile and powerful. I am fully convinced you can resolve your problem with this app.

* MacroDroid - Device Automation - Android Apps on Google Play

Nathan Wright6

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I just stuck the screen on longest time out which is 10 minutes, all i had to do was tap the screen every so often whilst riding the bike and it stayed on so i will just stick to do this for the time being, thanks though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20