how do I back up my contacts properly and where are my contacts located in my files

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
When I try to back up contacts to gmail it never works I go to gmail account in settings hit sync contacts. But I see nothing in my gmail account. Also if I knew where my contacts were in my files I could back them up to my computer but I dont see them anywhere pkz help.

Posted via the Android Central App

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
When on your contacts page, go to settings > more > import/export, click on it, then you will get a pop-up menu, from there you could either export them to your sd card, import them or you can click on> share visible contacts and gmail them to yourself.

FYI Google automatically backs up your contacts when you sync them, so if you change roms and use the same account, you will still have your contacts and apps.

Hope this helps.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
When I try to back up contacts to gmail it never works I go to gmail account in settings hit sync contacts. But I see nothing in my gmail account. Also if I knew where my contacts were in my files I could back them up to my computer but I dont see them anywhere pkz help.

download KIES 3. or you can back it up to your sim.

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
When on your contacts page, go to settings > more > import/export, click on it, then you will get a pop-up menu, from there you could either export them to your sd card, import them or you can click on> share visible contacts and gmail them to yourself.

FYI Google automatically backs up your contacts when you synthem, so if you change roms and use the same account, you will still have your contacts and apps.

Hope this helps.

It worked but out of 200 contacts only 60 showed up in myfiles I dont understand y. Im worried that if I need my contacts only a portion of them have actually been saved.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
It worked but out of 200 contacts only 60 showed up in myfiles I dont understand y. Im worried that if I need my contacts only a portion of them have actually been saved.

I have flashed many roms and never had a problem, all my contacts and apps were backed up. The only thing i can think of is that when you added your contacts you have a choice (with a pop-up) to add them to your google account or phone only. I know it's a PITA but you could check each contact by longpress on it, then click edit contact to see if it was saved to your gmail account, unless someone knows another method.

EDIT... I don't have your device, but under privacy settings, you have to check the box if you want your data, passwords, contacts, etc. backed up to google servers.

Last edited:

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I have flashed many roms and never had a problem, all my contacts and apps were backed up. The only thing i can think of is that when you added your contacts you have a choice (with a pop-up) to add them to your google account or phone only. I know it's a PITA but you could check each contact by longpress on it, then click edit contact to see if it was saved to your gmail account, unless someone knows another method.

EDIT... I don't have your device, but under privacy settings, you have to check the box if you want your data, passwords, contacts, etc. backed up to google servers.

For the S5 it's under backup and Reset in Settings .

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Contacts you enter as Google contacts get backed up to Google. Phone, and sim contacts do not. That's why it's important to save all your contacts as Google. All others can not be edited or backed up with Gmail contacts. If you have different types of contacts, do this:

On the phone, Goto Contacts.
Press Menu
Choose import/export
Choose your export method. USB, SD card, or other.

On your computer, log into Google Mail (gmail), and go to contacts.
Choose the More dropdown, then Import
Import that file
Again under More, Find and merge duplicates.
All your contacts will now be Google contacts, and will magically appear on your phone.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I will not allow Google to backup anything.... I value my privacy too much.

I only use the Phone's contact list, and Verizon's Backup Assistant to keep my contacts on their servers.

That has worked extremely well for me 20 years now.

get a new phone? it installs your contact list automatically.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc