Can you help with S5 gallery problem?

modoc_us

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
About two years back I was horsing around with the camera on my Rotorola Razzrx with a girlfriend. I deleted the pictures later on, and figured they were gone.
Last year I switched over to Iphone (dont ask me why), and this last month came back to Android on an S5. I was shocked today to see these photos on my phone with a little picaso icon or whatever it is called next to it. So, I logged into my Google+ account and was blown away to find these supposedly deleted pictures, which I promptly deleted. l then went back to my phone and looked in the gallery app and they were still there. I then looked in the photos app on my phone and I could not find them. So, I have two photo gallery apps on my phone, one shows the deleted pictures and one does not (Google still has to get there **** together in some areas).

So, can anyone tell me how to delete them once and for all from the gallery app, and hopefully they are deleted forever from all of googles little hiding places within google+

Thank you for your help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: I am having a gallery problem big time on my new S5

The Gallery and Photos apps can be confusing. The general suspicion is that Google is planning to phase out the stock Gallery app in favor of the Photos app.

Both apps are about the same in function with a few exceptions. In your situation, the main difference is that in the Gallery app, you cannot delete cloud photos (i.e., photos in your Picasa/Google+ albums), while you can do this using the Photos app.

I think what may have happened is that by deleting the photos in your Google+ album on the web, that immediately removed the photos from display in the Photos app, because this app is intimately associated with Google+ and synced immediately. However, the Gallery app either didn't sync yet, or requires you to go to the App Manager, select Gallery, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. When you open Gallery again, it should repopulate its database with the existing local photos and the current photos in your Google+ albums (which shouldn't include the ones you just deleted).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1