What is the fastest browser for the Galaxy S5?

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Anyone using the "Now" browser. I've been playing with the Pro version and think it will become my browser of choice. Comments welcome.;)

Ty Cook

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Any time. I actually run it right along side cm browser and all the cm security apps, of course (just make sure to baby your ignore list in all cm apps or they'll task manage you right out of a fast phone). :) CM for safe "browsing" and Maxthon for downloading... Just make sure you know what and trust who you're downloading from because Maxthon doesn't discriminate. It will take you to brickmyphone.com and let you download the newest guaranteed brick app! Haha. Together CM and Maxthon is the way to go (I'd recommend this only for rooted/debloated users as having 5 browsers on your phone can cause problems) and hey, with a combined size of the two STILL smaller than FF or Chrome, why not?

Ty Cook

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Nothing. It means it not a search engine. Aka, Bing, Google, etc... It acts like a proxy website or app, in that it shows you results from those search engines, not it's own. Not a big deal.

emanuell.cp

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Cm is very good... Sleeky design, security... I'll stay with it.
But, if you have a slow connection (like here on Brazil... ) and don't have the money to pay for a full internet plan, use opera browser. Any of them. The opera mini is very, very light and their servers rally make a good job on reducing data traffic. (They don't offer a good support for all sites, though)

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I have tried all of the above browsers and have removed all of them.

CM Browser is the fastest thing since sliced bread and is my default and only browser now on my phone.

I like the way it handles text pages when you rotate from vertical to horizontal. It automatically resizes the pages to fill the horizontal screen.

It also handles bookmarks easier than the others IMO.

* CM Browser - Fast & Secure - Android Apps on Google Play

Does it have text reflow? Any problems with it so far?

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I was Dolphin fan. It's feature rich but slow.
Now I'm digging Next browser and really like it. Very smooth and clean layout with just right amount of features.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone opened about:config on Firefox and tweaked things? I've always done this on PC's and it always speeds things up. Wondering if it's worth trying on the phone.

jc1742

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Huh? Sure it does. I copy and paste all the time from Dolphin. It might be the specific web page you're looking at that prevents this. But Dolphin itself has no effect on the ability to C & P.

Well, I'd ignored Dolphin so far on my new HTC ONE, but decided to try it because this is a big problem on other browsers. So I installed Dolphin, fired it up, visited some of my own web pages that I know don't contain any size= or other window-size forcing attributes. It totally failed to do wrapping. The text comes up far too tiny to read, with most of the screen blank, and when I resize it, I have to make the page about twice the size of the screen to read it. And it doesn't "reflow" the text at all. I looked for settings that might control it, but couldn't find any.

So is there some place that explains how to make it work?

(I came here because I'd followed the same claim for the CM Browser, and it fails in nearly the same way. Text is actually formatted to be (barely) legible, but it's formatted for a window about twice as wide as the screen in landscape mode, so I have to scroll left and right to read it. As with Dolphin, googling for the problem or for a manual lead to dead ends or messages that claim it works but don't say how to make it work.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I am using CMbrowser, and I have found that if I just turn it over horizontal, it resizes the text just fine and is perfect text reflow.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer