stock alarm clock rings and keeps screen on FOREVER, unless I turn it off... is this normal?

yourphonemyphone

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
stock alarm clock rings and keeps screen on FOREVER, unless I turn it off... is this normal?

the longest I've observed it doing this was 3+ hours. I guess it could have kept going, but then the battery went dead as a result. I also noticed that the countdown timer alarm would continue forever, unless I turned it off by swiping the screen.

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I usually hit snooze (I have mine programmed to let me snooze 3 times, 5 minutes each) and ultimately turn it off with the X. I can't say I've left it on for long, but I think it is normal. I mean, would you want your alarm to shut off after like 10 minutes and then your late waking up and miss an important meeting?

yourphonemyphone

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I usually hit snooze (I have mine programmed to let me snooze 3 times, 5 minutes each) and ultimately turn it off with the X. I can't say I've left it on for long, but I think it is normal. I mean, would you want your alarm to shut off after like 10 minutes and then your late waking up and miss an important meeting?

my bedroom is on the 3rd floor.... I was up before the alarm went off at 7:00AM. Around 10AM, I went back up to the bedroom and noticed that it had been ringing for more than 3 hours... That was when I noticed that the alarm just kept on going... so I tested it a couple more times... sure enough, it would just keep going forever, or until the battery dies. I did the factory reset to restore the phone and the alarm still did that. :(