Samsung Galaxy S5 "No Photo Selected'

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is Daydream on? Go to your Settings>Display menu and look for the Daydream option (I think that's where it is, but not sure). If it is on, maybe it's set to pick a photo from your gallery.

kneph

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I have and htc m8 and I am also having this problem. I see the setting for daydream, but when I turn it off...something is still waking up the phone.

Perryinjax

May 23, 2015
Visit site
When on charger my S5 shows a screen that says simply "No Photo Selected." This is a recent occurrence. How do I change this.

Go to settings, then display, then click on "daydream" and either turn it off completely by using the slider, or choose some pics, or even change the setting from pictures to "colors". Hope this helps. I was having same problem but found it an easy fix. I think it's a new feature Google suddenly offers, so our phone can show more than a black screen during sleep charging. I think when Google first activated this feature for our enjoyment, the setting automatically gets turned ON, but you can alter it, or simply turn it off under; Settings/Display/Daydream.
It's actually a perty kewl new thing once you play around with it a bit.
Please lemme know if this helps,
Perryinjax YouTube channel :)

Last edited:

Keeper2614

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 "No Photo Selected'

With my new S7 I had the same issue so I went into settings>display>screensaver and found there were a few options. I choose photos but had to go into the settings (the gear icon beside the photos option) and choose where to get the photos from (camera).

Now when I plug the phone in for charging it starts doing a slide show of the images on the phone instead of saying "no photos selected".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke