AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Sms app

I've tried several and all of the above.

I have always gone back to Go SMS Pro

It is stable and predictable and even the free version works just fine.

I am not bothered by the little advert window at the bottom, I just ignore it.

sartick

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site

Do any of these 3rd party apps solve the problem of the S5 being unable to receive text messages sent from Apple devices? I got my S5 about a month ago (previous phone was an iPhone 4S) and most people had trouble sending messages to my S5 because Apple uses a proprietary format on their messages. Now that I have turned off iMessage (Apple's messaging app) on my iPad, the problem is not as bad but some people still say they cannot send me text messages.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Do any of these 3rd party apps solve the problem of the S5 being unable to receive text messages sent from Apple devices? I got my S5 about a month ago (previous phone was an iPhone 4S) and most people had trouble sending messages to my S5 because Apple uses a proprietary format on their messages. Now that I have turned off iMessage (Apple's messaging app) on my iPad, the problem is not as bad but some people still say they cannot send me text messages.

I have never had any issues sending or receiving texts from iPhone users. I was using gosms with no problem and since I started using textra yesterday still no issues.

Posted via Android Central App

Woody15045

May 8, 2014
Visit site

I had that problem, it wasn't with the S5 but rather imessage. I ended up calling a number (apple support I think) and having my number removed from their imessage server. After 24hrs or so no more issues.

sartick

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site

I had that problem, it wasn't with the S5 but rather imessage. I ended up calling a number (apple support I think) and having my number removed from their imessage server. After 24hrs or so no more issues.

I spoke with AppleCare this morning and my phone # seems to have been removed from their iMessage server a while ago. It probably happened when I went to my Apple account and manually deleted my phone number from my profile. Perhaps that action gets carried from my profile to the iMessage server. To be honest, I haven't spoke to anyone who has had trouble sending me a text message in the past week so maybe it took a while before removing my # took effect. This morning I have also installed Textra and it will be interesting to see if any further issues surface. Thanks for all responses.

bugeaters0425

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site

The only issue I had with the stock messaging app is being able to individualized the notification sounds. Now that has been updated/corrected, I don't have a reason for a 3rd party one. What am I missing, mainly being able to customize?

Last edited:

SERBDVB

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

On stock messaging app, is there a, way to putt password on messages or hide them
Thx much appreciated...

rob damiani

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

That issue has nothing to do with the individual apps, but has everything to do with iMessage. You need to de-register iMessage from your account.

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

I use Go SMS Pro. I paid for the premium version. No ads and no problems. I like the different themes available.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

I use Go SMS Pro. I paid for the premium version. No ads and no problems. I like the different themes available.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I also use Go SMS Pro but the freebie version.

I balked at paying for the premium version. Since you already have it, did you have any 2nd thoughts about paying for the upgrade?

TexasS5

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site

I spoke with AppleCare this morning and my phone # seems to have been removed from their iMessage server a while ago. It probably happened when I went to my Apple account and manually deleted my phone number from my profile. Perhaps that action gets carried from my profile to the iMessage server. To be honest, I haven't spoke to anyone who has had trouble sending me a text message in the past week so maybe it took a while before removing my # took effect. This morning I have also installed Textra and it will be interesting to see if any further issues surface. Thanks for all responses.

When i got my S5 few weeks ago, i came from a iPhone 5, and i had to call apple aswell, because my sister that has an iPhone 5 aswell, couldn't send or recieve any messages to my new S5, so they removed my #, and all works great now. Good luck.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I've always used ChompSMS of my phones and will most likely continue to do so for a long time :).

bigpapa2001

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site

Is there an sms app like the stock sms from LG that opens and let's you respond from the pop up window instead of having to open the whole app?

Posted via the Android Central App

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Is there an sms app like the stock sms from LG that opens and let's you respond from the pop up window instead of having to open the whole app?

Posted via the Android Central App

Go SMS Pro also does that, I use it daily and don't have to unlock the phone. Only good for that one text message though.

Bruno28

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

Hangout is nicer looking, But is there a way to change the chat bubble colours? I got used to imessage being blue and like it blue for sender.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21