1 month review of the S5 from an Apple guy......

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Clearing cache, uninstall, reinstall, really starting to miss my iPhone. These are the things no one talks about in the iPhone vs Android discussions. I NEVER had to reinstall an app on my iPhone to get it to work correctly.

I've had to do it before on my ios devices, including iPhones. I think you should sell your S5 and get the iPhone 6. It will make you happier:)

Posted from my S5

Timm4y77

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Uploaded a 2 minute video to Facebook taken with the S5. The video quality is HORRIBLE. It looks great on my phone, horrible once rendered for Facebook. Wow.

Timm4y77

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
That's Facebook compressing it. That's a Facebook thing, not an S5 thing.

Lol, really? Hate to sound like a broken record, but I never had that issue with iPhone videos......

I did however manage to get 18 hours of battery life yesterday, even with heavy phone use. I haven't figured out why some days I can get 18 hours and some days I get 8 hours with almost the same usage. Its very odd.

Last edited:

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Lol, really? Hate to sound like a broken record, but I never had that issue with iPhone videos......

I did however manage to get 18 hours of battery life yesterday, even with heavy phone use. I haven't figured out why some days I can get 18 hours and some days I get 8 hours with almost the same usage. Its very odd.
Yep. Does that on my Nexus 5, too. It's just different apps. I don't remember what they looked like when I had my iPhone.

I'm not sure what would cause that. I had issues like that with my iPhone, too. Some days I'd go to bed with 30%, other days I'd be charging at 7pm. I know signal has something to do with it. But I don't know how much.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
And not to sound like a broken record but it seems as though you were happy with your iPhone. You should go back to it.

Posted from my S5

Timm4y77

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
And not to sound like a broken record but it seems as though you were happy with your iPhone. You should go back to it.

Posted from my S5

Wow, so much for trying to figure out what the android hype is about.... Thanks for the helpful comment.

Sorry you don't like it when the flaws are pointed out.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Wow, so much for trying to figure out what the android hype is about.... Thanks for the helpful comment.

You missed the point she was trying to make. Lol why hold on to a device you aren't happy with? Android or maybe this particular device just isn't for you.

Posted via Android Central App

Timm4y77

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
You missed the point she was trying to make. Lol why hold on to a device you aren't happy with? Android or maybe this particular device just isn't for you.

Oh, I got the point. Had she read the entire OP, that answer would have been answered for her.

I can see where this thread is headed, though not what I intended. Of course I'm pointing out all of the flaws and none of the positives. I figured I wouldn't have to since this is an S5 forum, but apparently certain members can't handle the critisizm.

At least I know my naked photos are safe on my Samsung S5. Another good reason not to own an iPhone...

Another helpful post. Thanks.

Just don't use iCloud and you'll be safe.

You know its funny, when I first got this phone, I signed in to all of the Google stuff because I thought that's what I had to do. The next thing I know all of my photos are uploaded to some Google account somewhere. Ironically enough, there were naked pictures of a female on my phone. They magically went "somewhere". It took me a week to figure out how to delete it and stop it from happening every time restarted my phone. Super safe on the S5, you got it.

Last edited by a moderator:

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I got the point. Had she read the entire OP, that answer would have been answered for her.

I can see where this thread is headed, though not what I intended. Of course I'm pointing out all of the flaws and none of the positives. I figured I wouldn't have to since this is an S5 forum, but apparently certain members can't handle the critisizm.
I don't think the issue is with u pointing out what you deem as flaws. That's what the forum is for.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

It's just that you come across as being really unhappy with your phone. Of course there are some things I don't like about my phone but overall I'm happy with it.

Maybe you are just going through a learning curve with your phone.

Another helpful post. Thanks.

Just don't use iCloud and you'll be safe.

You know its funny, when I first got this phone, I signed in to all of the Google stuff because I thought that's what I had to do. The next thing I know all of my photos are uploaded to some Google account somewhere. Ironically enough, there were naked pictures of a female on my phone. They magically went "somewhere". It took me a week to figure out how to delete it and stop it from happening every time restarted my phone. Super safe on the S5, you got it.

Naked photos are not safe on any phone or cloud storage space period.

Posted from my S5

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, the Facebook apps are pretty bad.

Still use facebook?

Naked photos are not safe on any phone or cloud storage space period.

Posted from my S5

Not on i Apple lCloud where the celebrites naked pictures leaked ;) so id say if you have "nasty" pictures on your phone get a app with a lock (pin) where there safely stored ;)

Timm4y77

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Posts like this are why I would never review an iPhone.

That, and the fact that I'm not looking for attention or trouble.

The reason I started this thread is because I had a hard time finding an honest, detailed review from an iPhone to S5 user. The reviews that just say "its awesome" or "it sucks" do not help me at all. I just wanted to have some details for other users as to why I do or don't like the phone.

I do like it, in many ways. I also hate it in many ways. As of right now, once my 6 month contract with Samsung is up, I'll be going back to the Apple with the larger iPhone 6. Unless, like others have pointed out, the learning curve flattens out. Lol.

Its been over a month and I still can't correctly type or text on any of the 5 keyboards I have tried. 3 of which I paid for. Annoying as hell.

Cincojoe

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Well I switched and I'm using the S5 and so far I'm loving it. I actually like the keyboard so much better than the Apple one. Sure it's not perfect but damn it's fun. There is so much to it. I'm enjoying learning new stuff all the time. When I want to get bored I always have my work phone that is an iPhone. :)

Timm4y77

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Well I switched and I'm using the S5 and so far I'm loving it. I actually like the keyboard so much better than the Apple one. Sure it's not perfect but damn it's fun. There is so much to it. I'm enjoying learning new stuff all the time. When I want to get bored I always have my work phone that is an iPhone. :)

These are the exact type of posts I am referring too...... Well written none the less.