What happens if USB cover strap breaks on S5?

Jerry Verb

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I am thinking about replacing one of our family phones with an S5 but, I would like to know what happens if or when the USB cover strap brakes ? I understand that after removing the USB connector the phone displays a message reminding you to replace the cover. Does this remain on for a few seconds ? What happens if the strap breaks and you lose the cover? My next question is does the S5 have a solid USB port. I have an LG G3 and it has a really finicky port.

bbmjack

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: USB cover strap

I am thinking about replacing one of our family phones with an S5 but, I would like to know what happens if or when the USB cover strap brakes ? I understand that after removing the USB connector the phone displays a message reminding you to replace the cover. Does this remain on for a few seconds ? What happens if the strap breaks and you lose the cover? My next question is does the S5 have a solid USB port. I have an LG G3 and it has a really finicky port.

If usb cover gone IP67 is gone
Popup messages won't change

Posted via the Android Central App

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: USB cover strap

If the cover breaks, you can buy a new one from eBay for 3 dollars and replace it yourself, assuming that you know how to wield a screwdriver.

The message you get appears when you unplug the USB cord from the device. You can pull the cover off and on all day and you won't get the message. It just pops up and if you tap the phone, it goes away. It's kind of annoying but no big deal.

The USB port is solid. The supplied cable is a USB 3.0 cord so it feels way more solid than a regular micro USB cord since it has the extra pins.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34