Duplicate Toolbox Icon Permanently Stuck on Screen

sfogle

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
This one will be hard to describe so I'll do my best: Somehow, I have 2 Toolbox Icons on my screen. One is movable and fully functional (works normally) and the other is stuck in the bottom right corner of my screen and is grayed out (but visible) and is not movable or functional.

I have done the following: 1) Reset phone; 2) Turned the Toolbox "on" and "off" in Settings (when doing this, the functional Toolbox Icon turns on and off as it should); 3) Battery pull. Still, no luck as the non-functioning Toolbox Icon simply will not go away...

Ideas?...Help!..It's driving me crazy seeing the grayed out Toolbox Icon "stuck" in the lower right corner...

sfogle

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Problem SOLVED. I get the "Doh" award...

I was using a screenshot as my wallpaper and wouldn't you know, the screenshot contained a previous location of the Toolbox.

Thanks for looking in to it...again...DOH.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I was using a screenshot as my wallpaper and wouldn't you know, the screenshot contained a previous location of the Toolbox.

I was actually thinking that lol. That's why I asked if it was following you on different screens or just the home screen.
Glad you solved it :D

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

sfogle

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks- This forum is awesome. The community around Android far outweighs that of my previous vendor "i". Once I switched, my whole family did, too and we love Android.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Lol, I was going to ask if maybe someone had played a prank on you and put a screen shot as your wallpaper.

nancy estergard

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I have a similar problem. My "home screen" never moves. The other screens move right over it. It has added a duplicate pull out menu on the right side of the screen that I can't access and an app icon on the bottom that I can't access. I have tried all the turn off, take out battery, reset to defaults. Nothing has worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy