galaxy s5 computer connectivity issues

texassrocks

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
i recently tried getting pictures, videos, etc. off my phone and whenever i opened the folder to copy the pictures, it would freeze the program. after a while i disconnected my phone, then re connected it. a verizon installer popped up so i installed that and now my computer won't even read my phone at all. it does not see it. i have never had this issue with any of my phones, and i'm not really sure what to do. i've done some looking online but everything i've seen i had already tried before searching the issue. anything will help!

wolfier

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Try not using carrier-installed bloatware (e.g. whatever from Verizon) but instead third-party programs from the Play Store which usually do much better jobs. I also advise uninstalling anything Verizon if possible.

I suspect you also have Verizon drivers on your PC which I would also recommend uninstallation. (use whatever comes with your PC - e.g. an MTP connection)

If all else fails, you can also get things off your phone indirectly - try using Google+ or Google Drive to upload it onto your account and then download it on the computer.

i recently tried getting pictures, videos, etc. off my phone and whenever i opened the folder to copy the pictures, it would freeze the program. after a while i disconnected my phone, then re connected it. a verizon installer popped up so i installed that and now my computer won't even read my phone at all. it does not see it. i have never had this issue with any of my phones, and i'm not really sure what to do. i've done some looking online but everything i've seen i had already tried before searching the issue. anything will help!