Verizon branded but trying to get it to work on straight talk

Vlosaloty

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a S5 that is Verizon branded but came unlocked and I'm trying to get it to work on straight talk. Can anyone give me the data settings that work? I can receive phone calls and texts but have no mobile data. Also when I turn phone off and back on I get this warning that says Sim card is unknown? what is that about? If you can help I'll appreciate it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ka Zoua Thao

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi, could you please give me the instructions how you fixed it? I am having the same trouble but can't find to fix the problem. Thanks it will mean so much!!

Vlosaloty

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello sorry I haven't responded sooner haven't been on but yeah I'll give you them. I have found a couple that has worked. It was working great past week then we got that update yesterday and all sudden it changed on me and now the 4GLTE is somewhat iffy and I lose signal for bout 30 secs after a phone call since the update and then it never comes back to a 4GLTE for a long time after I have it off of wifi

Vlosaloty

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
ok here is the settings I have used since the last update yesterday. You have to create a new APN settings. Just go to settings, then more networks, then mobile networks, then click Access Point Names, then you click the + sign and add these settings

Name- Straight Talk
APN: tfdata
Proxy: not set
Port: not set
Username: not set
Password: not set
Server: not set
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
Multimedia Message Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
Multimedia Message Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: not set
APN type: not set
APN Protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: LTE
Mobile virtual netork operator type: none

Vlosaloty

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
No problem let me know if that works. I also got the old one I was using before update 4.4.4 to work also. If you need that let me know also

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae