Galaxy S5: wireless mirror and touch control for AppRadio/ Nex using Chromecast

surferdon7

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Spent some time on various forums trying to figure out how to mirror my S5 with my Appradio 3, do it wirelessly, and have full touch functionality on the Pioneer display.

In my quest, it seems that with the S5 in particular, it is quite difficult to check all the boxes of the above requirements. I have managed to accomplish this so I wanted to share to hopefully save you some time if you are looking to have a similar set up.

In short, I did need to root, and flash a rom that would disable KNOX and also set SELinux to permissive. Then to mirror wirelessly I set up a chromecast to work in my car using my phone as a hotspot.

Overall this works pretty well. There is very little lag with my device and Chromecast, and both video and audio are high in quality.

I have this up on YouTube as a demo of this set up and a look at my phone build. Let me know if you have any questions. Can't embed as have read more than I have posted.
search:

Samung Galaxy S5 Wireless mirror on Pioneer AppRadio 3 with touch control

my username is the same as it is on here.

Hope this helps!

Zeuss2011

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Can you please tell me what exactly you did to connect your chromecast to the appradio3. I just got my ARU going again and would like to have the same set up as yours. Is it just the HDMI cable connected to your chromecast and nothing else? I understand you had to use a female/female adapter to connect your chromecast to the HDMI cable going to the appradio. Is this the only wiring needed to make this work? Would appreciate any help you can provide.