Battery drain from Bluetooth?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
So I'm getting a new cordless phone from my home. One that has connectivity for cell phones. However right now I have my Bluetooth managed by my battery saver app, Green Power. What this means is that Bluetooth remains off unless the phone detects an incoming or outgoing call. I'm tempted to disable this configuration and allow Bluetooth to be on all the time but I'm worried that the phone will experience significant battery drain.

Can any of you comment about battery drain issues when leaving bluetooth armed all the time?

Parham Goudarzi

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
It will be using a lot of battery! At least , I have experienced a huge difference between Bluetooth being on and off!
Wish it helps!

Posted via the Android Central App

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Actually, Bluetooth will only cost you about 30 minutes of battery life over a standard 18 hour charge cycle.

I just now cycled it to verify that.

If you are concerned about saving all the battery you can, have MacroDroid turn the Bluetooth ON when you wake the phone up. Then turn it OFF again when you lock the screen.

me? I just leave it OFF unless I get a phone call that is going to be a very long experience, or I need both hands free. ie, typing up something while talking.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca